ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think that TNA's ECW Invasion is a good idea or a bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2010, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Bad Guy Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think that TNA's ECW Invasion is a good idea or a bad idea?

Do you think that TNA's ECW Invasion is a good idea or a bad idea?
The Bad Guy Razor Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW UR ROLE is on a distinguished road

It was a bad idea. How many times have we seen the ECW invasion? TNA just doesn't get it
KNOW UR ROLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

The Undead Titan Y!A7 is on a distinguished road

I think it's a great idea. TNA's storylines have been pretty simple, and boring since Hogan took over TNA management. An EV2 invasion could finally be the big break TNA needed to get more viewers. If an old ECW fan hears about Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards, and Rhino invading a wrestling company, they would most likley be intrigued to watch TNA. I am allready loving this angle because the brawl on TNA was intense. And Dixie Carter inviting them their is a huge curveball in this storyline. I am not sure how Mick Foley is going to fit in this angle. Is he going to side with the TNA roster, or the EV2. I am anxious to see how Abyss will do now with this stable by him side and I want to see how Fortune will react to this. This is not a good idea it's a GREAT idea.
The Undead Titan Y!A7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jon
Jobber

Jon is on a distinguished road

its only been a week its hard to tell
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

eric is on a distinguished road

Bad idea. We seen the ECW Invasion before all ready. The Nexus thing is better.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Irish Blood!?? (: is on a distinguished road

I heard that WWE stole the idea from TNA.

I herd they just put the NeXus storyline together in under a week.

But thats crap.

TNA ECW Invasion would have been good if NeXus hadn't already happened.
Irish Blood!?? (: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Michael Harfield is on a distinguished road

it worked for the wwe so y not
Michael Harfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Noutourious 187 is on a distinguished road

Great Idea Look TNA knows that Majority of fans like ECW They Could Have Done XPW Or CZW Work A partnership With ROH Or NJPW,AAA,CMLL,AJPW,NOAH But They know that Pepole Love The Origainal ECW Heck They Could Have Just Done What Voddo Kin Mafia Did And Talk About Invading WWE Every Thursday But No They Went With A great Way To Cause they Know ECW is Extreme And They Know Abyss Is Extreme Heck They Could Have Gotten A Hobo That Looks Like Vince And Beat Him Up every Impact But Know TNA is Smart
Noutourious 187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

stingette is on a distinguished road

wow very good idea indeed

man i just love it when all hell breaks loose in the ring
stingette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2010, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

The Dragon (semi-retired) is on a distinguished road

If it wasn't for the fact that seemingly every WWE fan whines about TNA copying the WWE and using washed-up has-beens rather than push their own stars, this would be an interesting angle.

Despite WWE fans blind ignorance of TNA, TNA is less guilty of copying other promotions than the WWE is (name anything Vince or the WWE claims to have invented and I'll show you where the idea originally came from), and watching one or two TNA shows would prove that the vast majority of TNA shows ARE filled with their own stars and not those washed-up has-beens they whine about.

The timing could have been better, but the nostalgia factor is definitely there. The ECW name (the original, not that cheap Vince ripoff) still invokes memories of the anything goes spirit of the 90's; actually, TNA itself does, too. ECW is legendary, and so are some of it's performers. Fans still want to see them. When they do show up in-force anywhere, that's news. TNA is using them to bring attention to TNA, and that's a good thing. If there is one thing TNA lacks at this point, it's advertising. Some former ECW wrestlers is good publicity. Everybody knows Vince screwed up ECW when he had it; Vince pretty much pissed all over what ECW stood for. So fans are interested in seeing the ECW guys in a setting NOT controlled by Vince McMahon.

As for the invasion angle itself, it's too soon to tell. We don't know yet why they are in TNA, or who's side they're on.

The Nexus angle started off very strong but almost immediately got it's needle stuck in a groove, and they have been marking time for several weeks, doing nothing at all to progress the storyline in any way. They just show up looking menacing, gang-attack somebody, then tell the fans that they can't possibly understand the big picture. Rinse and repeat. And repeat.

The ECW invasion of TNA has the very real possibility of being something fresh and unpredictable, and possibly might change the direction and focus of TNA. Too soon to determine that yet, but the possibility is there.

TNA has been guilty of rushing things this year, of not finishing storylines and angles, and being too quick and frequent with surprises, of not giving the fans the chance to absorb something before they throw out another big twist or two. It's also possible the invasion may not do very well due to the relatively mid card status of the ECW guys doing the invasion in relation to the stars TNA are pushing that the invasion seems to be focusing on.

It's really too soon to judge all of this, but I like seeing stars of the past reappear for a big angle that should help some of today's stars gain more attention and credibility.

It's just unfortunate that the WWE (in THIS instance) is already doing a similar angle and they have more TV shows to air this angle than does TNA.
The Dragon (semi-retired) is offline   Reply With Quote