ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are the chances of Paul Heyman signing with TNA now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jack Swagger Edition!? is on a distinguished road
Default What are the chances of Paul Heyman signing with TNA now?

- In an effort to court Paul Heyman, Spike TV officials have given the company a green light on going hardcore in the ring. The current plan is to bring Paul Heyman in and officially replace Vince Russo. While Heyman will work on the creative end, Bischoff will be in charge of production and the business direction of the company, and Hogan will be the company ambassador ? the one doing the media appearances and so forth.

http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/massi...-ratings-news/
Jack Swagger Edition!? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hazza is on a distinguished road

TNA doesnt need Heyman, they need to go back to how they were a few years ago before all the big WWE rejects showed up and took over
Hazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

imnotcooldotcom is on a distinguished road

I heard he is never going there because he thinks the company is bad but It said it on an internet article so we never can be sure. I mean Jim Cornette said it too. He said Paul Heyman didn't like TNA's direction or something like that. So IDK
imnotcooldotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

Over the years I've notice a few thing about the internet god Paul Heyman:

1) he carries grudges forever

2) could be destructive due to his huge ego

3) he hates the network and all tv executives

4) he is one of the better authority figures for pro wrestling

5) he is a jew but does not know how to manage money

I guess everybody is just going to ignore his time on ECW on TNN (1999-2001) or ECW on Sci-Fi channel......I guess his cult leader status will have his followers drink the kool-aid and follow him no matter what...
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Age Of Darkness is on a distinguished road

Paul shouldn't go to TNA because all TNA wants to do is become like ECW it just won't work for them they should stop being extreme and go back with old TNA.
Age Of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

The Dragon (semi-retired) is on a distinguished road

This is pro wrestling, you can never say never.

As long as Russo is in TNA, I don't believe there is enough money in the world to get Heyman to work with him. But if this article is true about TNA (and Spike) wanting to REPLACE Russo with Heyman, that's a different story.

Simple fact is, the vast majority of people who care about the creative side of things hate Russo, and they don't hate Heyman. Replacing Russo with Heyman will sit very well with a whole lot of people, especially if he's to be in charge of creative.

Putting the mad genius, the architect of the original ECW, the man who invented the Attitude Era, in charge of what we see on TNA's TV shows should see TNA's ratings go up.Spike TV officials green-lighting hardcore on TV, if that is also true, is of course, a direct response to the WWE's child-safe family entertainment and the generally negative opinions from the fans about the PG era. And also shows that TNA is very serious about giving the fans a real alternative to the WWE, something very different.

That doesn't mean that TNA will do bloody hardcore matches throughout the entire show, though. ECW was never like that. Heyman knows that that stuff grows stale after a while. Fans didn't watch ECW just for the blood and barbed-wire anyway. They also watched for the timely and relevant characters and the mature storylines that we all could relate to. Heyman would do that for TNA, I believe.

Bischoff in charge of production (he IS good at that); Hogan as media ambassador (he's good at that); and Heyman in charge of creative. I like the sound of that.

If this article is true, and Spike wants to replace Russo with Heyman, and Spike will actually back and support Heyman this time (unlike with ECW's run when they were still TNN), I think chances are very good that Heyman will accept.
The Dragon (semi-retired) is offline   Reply With Quote