ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people boo John Cena?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

DouchieMcDouche is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people boo John Cena?

First off, I'm not a John Cena fan. I don't dislike him. He's a good wrestler that does his job to entertain people. He's kinda like today's The Rock. He tries to be inspirational, funny, and positive. He does things outside of wrestling like visit children and soldiers.

Even after all of this, people still boo him even when he's a good guy. I'm confused as to why this happens. Can anyone explain?
DouchieMcDouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Caleb is on a distinguished road

because they play his hero act too much and it is starting to get very old.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lizbeth[Fallow your dreams] is on a distinguished road

Cause the people who boo him are stupid and never have a good reason to hate him. I think they should just say Bring back The Old Cena.
Lizbeth[Fallow your dreams] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
his
Young Noob

his is on a distinguished road

People boo wrestlers because they don't like them.
his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Russel Hantz is on a distinguished road

be cuz him and rey wanted the wwe to be rated f*ckin pg so they hate him i hate both ray and cena i hate rey more be cuz wwe wants punk to take his mask off and not rey
Russel Hantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Samoa Joe (Y!A7) is on a distinguished road

Because there tired of him beig the superhero.
Samoa Joe (Y!A7) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

WWF ATTITUDE is on a distinguished road

because some people hate him for bringing kids to wwe,and he was great in his debut/heel times but he got lame when he had to win a title every other week,and i agree with you wwe is trying to make him like the rock,but they're using cena wrong
WWF ATTITUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Take me or leave me! is on a distinguished road

Adults boo Cena because when he rose to the top spot, WWE became more family friendly, i.e. TV-PG instead of TV-14. I boo him because he doesn't care whether he gets cheers or not, he still goes out there with a smile on his face and performs. Plus it's fun.
Take me or leave me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ron
Jobber

Ron is on a distinguished road

Most of the other answers are correct but grown ass men shouldn't be going to WWE events (I'm 12) and if they want to boo Cena just because they brought kids then they're some losers if they're like 20.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

wtf are you talking about is on a distinguished road

the people who boo Cena don't do it because they think he's a bad person. they boo him because they think in an industry inexplicably called wrestling that you should have at least a shred of wrestling ability.

there are as many different kinds of wrestling fans as there are wrestling holds, and for some fans its more important to put on a good show between the ropes then it is to talk for 15 minutes and then hit the 5 moves of doom.

as a man, Cena is awesome. he's granted more wishes then the genies from alladin and i dream of genie combined. as a mic man he gets a B+, and i was entertained by his movie and his T.V. appearances. if i saw him on the street i'd probably stop and applaud his success and his commitment to give his best and do his part. but every time raw comes to my neck of the woods i will boo him and root for his opponent because his matches are BORING AS HELL.
wtf are you talking about is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ThatGuy is on a distinguished road

He's actually very little like the Rock. The Rock wasn't the most skilled wrestler in the world, but he's one of the best talkers the business has ever seen AND he could actually carry a match and make his opponent look good.

In the ring, Cena's closer to this era's Ultimate Warrior.

Like Warrior... Cena has very little skill inside the ring. He's a punch-and-clothesline wrestler, and when he's used in long (15+ minute) matches he almost always bores the fans of actual wrestling (as opposed to the fans of sports entertainment). Yet, you can guarantee that Cena will be at the top of every major WWE PPV time and time again.

So the smarts dislike him because of his lack of talent and the heavy push Vince gives him.

Then, you have his whole ghetto based gimmick. That by itself turns off a whole crowd of fans. Unlike Steve Austin, whose anti-establishment gimmick appealed to the common man... Cena's gimmick makes the common man think of the gangster up the street who shot up the ghetto last week.

So the adult common fans dislike him because of his hip hop attitude and gimmick.

That rules out a big part of the crowd. The only people who really love Cena are the marks... the fans who are generally younger and enjoy the hip hop generation, and thus see Cena as the WWE's version of those types of characters. Those fans aren't easily offended by his lack of in-ring talent because they don't care for the wrestling part of the show... and they are young enough not to be offended by the gimmick because of the hip hop culture of today's youth.

Also add the fact that Vince swaps face/heel status on wrestlers WAY too often these days, which hurts a lot of his wrestlers (Edge is a great example of this). You can't watch Cena be a bad guy for six months, then suddenly turn him around to be a good guy and expect that people will just say, Oh, well if he's a good guy now, I guess I'm supposed to forget what he did in the past and cheer him, right? GO CENA! Even the young marks aren't that dumb.

And, to be honest... I'm not sure what part of his promos is inspirational or funny. I've never really appreciated his sense of humor at all, and I know I'm not alone there.

OUTSIDE of the ring... yes, Cena seems like a decent enough guy. But also keep in mind... he gets paid by WWE for a lot of those visits to children and soldiers. It's not like it's something he's doing just to be nice... it's actually in his contract to perform a certain number of out-of-the-ring publicity appearances, to represent Vince and the WWE brand. Whether or not he would still do those things if he weren't getting paid to do so, I cannot say as I don't personally know the guy.

But INSIDE the ring... he's a cliche with little wrestling ability. And that just doesn't appeal to as big a portion of the crowd as Vince and Cena's fans would like to believe it should.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

There Is Only One King Of Kings is on a distinguished road

Because He Deserves It
There Is Only One King Of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote