ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is the popularity of RAW suffering because of the BS surrounding Nexus?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Is the popularity of RAW suffering because of the BS surrounding Nexus?

I know, for me, last night when they came out and attacked King and Steamboat and all them, I switched over to CSI Miami. I mean , this is getting to be the same thing every week. I will not waste my time watching this when I have 500 other channels to watch. How many of you feel the same?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Human Jar of Mayonnaise is on a distinguished road

Nexus is the kryptonite to SuperCena, so I'm gonna watch them as long as Tarver or Sheffield doesn't replace Barrett as the leader.
Human Jar of Mayonnaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Lizacod is on a distinguished road

Actually, the summer Raw season has been far better than past summers. They normally get lazy with storylines because they don't have as much competition as they do during the other nine months of the year. The NXT storyline might not be as exciting at the moment as it was when it first came about, but I think they have big plans to change that.

Wade Barrett isn't going to be back on Raw until he gets a new visa, though, which is probably the real reason why he wasn't on the show last night. (Check Sources for a link.)

www.lordsofpain.net
Lizacod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Anakin is on a distinguished road

Steamboat is in the top 10 greatest wrestlers I've ever seen. I won't say of all time because too many people say that and they've only been watching since 1993 or whatever and honestly, I've never seen Lou Thesz wrestle ever and I've heard great things.

That being said, the fact that these newcomers beat down someone I hold in high regard had me NOT turning the channel. Will this lead anywhere? Will it happen again next week? I will be watching to find out.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??????r?w?????? is on a distinguished road

Exactly man. And after every attack they show it over and over and OVER! Yes less people have watched RAW each week and profits are down 24.6 million since the start of 10'. So they need viewers.
??????r?w?????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Richard Orton is on a distinguished road

For right now I think WWE is trying to make sure that Nexus is getting a crowd reaction.
Richard Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

smile144 is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean. I didn't change the channel though but I got bored and a little sleepy. These guys are on my last nerve. I just wish the WWE would decide what to do with them so they won't keep repeating the same things.
smile144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

I'm just the opposite of you. When Nexus comes on, I know I'm going to get some Gang Violence and this makes the second show, I've been two in the last 9 days where I've gotten to see Nexus attack someone. Nexus attacked John Cena and Sheamus after the Main Event at the WWE House Show at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, June 19, 2010. Like you said above, they attacked RIcky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Michael Hayes, Mike Rotundo and Jerry the King Lawler last night. In addition, after the Cameras were turned off, we had another match between John Cena and Sheamus for the WWE Championship and Nexus hit the ring again. For, me this is very much like what the New World Order did in WCW beat everyone up and leave them laid out. I love this. To me, this is the best storyline in years. My biggest complaint is that WWE needs to do another update on the Wrestling Programs and put profiles and information on each of the NXT Rookies, so that I can get their autographs. This storylien is great. If you don't like it, like you said, you have 500 other channels to watch and Football Teams head to Training Camp in a month.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kaylie is on a distinguished road

i feel the same way as you do i mean i am a cena hater (sorry cena lovers) but when they first came out and attacked him i felt pretty bad . i mean who would do this just to earn contracts. i mean 8 on 1.

i cant beleive wwe is putting them in this storyline. i think they have gone to far by attacking the legends last night
kaylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2010, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Official WWE is on a distinguished road

Sorry but ratings have gone UP since Nexus storyline started so no the popularity is not suffering at all.
Official WWE is offline   Reply With Quote