ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What does TNA need to do to get buzz and get talked about?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2010, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Tony(My WWE owner) is on a distinguished road
Default What does TNA need to do to get buzz and get talked about?

They hardly ever get talked about here in Yahoo Answers.I dont know whether its cause people just dont like them or is it because they havent done anything to create suspense and talk.

I think TNA should combine TV14 with PG.

Only have blood at a 20 minute or longer wrestling match.

Do away with cussing.If TNA wants to get buzz,they dont need this.

The knockouts are getting better,as in more PG.

TNA wants to win,yet they do different things and still loses.

I like TNA and WWE both,and 1 day I want to see a war,yet TNA cant seem to get on track.NXT invasion,etc has managed to take out Dixies big scheme.

@ Brandon-Or trying to find a straw of hay in a needle sack.
Tony(My WWE owner) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon

I think it's both, but I also think TNA is trying. It's also because most users here are under the age of 20 and the majority of them are WWE only fans. If they are not WWE only fans, they are fans of ROH/Japanese wrestling that always complain about the politics and direction TNA is taking and who is supposedly 'ruining' TNA. Finding someone here who enjoys TNA is like trying to find a needle in a haystack
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 05:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Peter D - Asia 4 WorldCup2010 is on a distinguished road

they should move back to mondays and compete with raw, then people can talk about which was a better show and why it was better, i got alot on fridays so i would be really busy to watch wrestling aswell(only watch shows the day after)
Peter D - Asia 4 WorldCup2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Evil Barney is on a distinguished road

Since theyre not competing with wwe anymore, I'd like to see them ditch hogan and bischoff(and russo too) and go back to how they were between 2004-2006 were they were more focused on matches than talking most of the time

I also think they should rehire Petey Williams and Christopher Daniels

I also, would turn AJ face and have him lose the silly nature boy jr gimmick and maybe turn RVD heel because he was a really good heel back in ECW and AJ has never been convincing as a heel imo
Evil Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Guile is on a distinguished road

I think that if TNA advertised on more channels and increase their shows to 2 per week they would get more viewers.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The new kid is on a distinguished road

You can't ask a question about TNA because WWE fans will inslut tna and its fans and report the question.
The new kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The whole f_n_ TNAddict is on a distinguished road

It does actually really annoys me how evry time TNA is mentioned WWE fans just hurl abuse at you. Okay, you don't like it but that;s your opinion not the law.

Anyway, I think that bringing in Hogan would've worked better for a one or two month deal and while I appreciate the fact that his name makes casual fans take notice that doesn't make up for how much worse it's got since he's been threre. It's not as bad as people make out IMO and I still like it but I was watching Cross The Line Volume 3, which has 2 PPVs before Hogan and one after and when you think about it, the quality difference is just shocking.

More attention needs to be paid to the X division like it was in 2005. It used to be the best part of the company but now it just seems to be an afterthought. I like Kendrick and Williams but seriosuly, the whole division is basiclly them. If they can manage to pull them back to their former glory and people will sit up and take notice. Similarly, they need to organise the tag division. They have the teams but aren't utilising them. Cruiserweights and tag teams are ignored by WWE so fans who enjoy them will be willing to give TNA a try if they have the red hot divisions they used to.

It's not an original comment but it's a true one; too many old people are taking up TV time! To be a bg company they do need big name stars liek Flair (as a manager definitely not a wrestler) and Sting but these people should be to build the new stars. To raise the comapany to a new level TNA obviously do need some icons and legends but they are the focus of every episode and make the TNA homegrowns seem like nobodys. I hated the segment where Flair told each member of Fortune individually how much better the four horsemen wer ethan them. It was completely pointless and make the group look like idiots.

Finally, keep the TV-14 rating and cut down the segments like interviews and skits. The most annoying thing is that what would make them better, theyve done in the past; focus on innovative exciting wrestling matches and reduce stupid storylines.
The whole f_n_ TNAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Richmond Faithfull is on a distinguished road

I don't think that going Pg will help.

Many fans feel that there favourite time was during when the original ECW was around TNA try to re-create that hardcore aspect of it.

TNA just need to advertise more get out of Orlando as much as possible.
Richmond Faithfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cameron Stewart is on a distinguished road

I don't think that the problem is that they need to get a bigger audience, the problem is that TNA is pushing the parts that WWE thrive in. TNA is finally worrying WWE which is a breath of fresh air. What TNA needs to do is to market it's own strengths, like the X division, and not to focus on areas that WWE excel in, like interviews. Also I agree that TNA needs two shows, personally I would put the other one on Saturday prime-time, preferably not on spike but on a second network. TNA also need to find the balance between young talent and well known wrestlers, Mr Anderson was properly the best signing of the year as it creates so many opportunity's. Other than that I think that's about it.
Cameron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote