ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

A question for all the attitude era haters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2010, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sheamus 100th WWE Champion is on a distinguished road
Default A question for all the attitude era haters?

What do you think of the Attitude Era now

Chris Jericho was interviewed about the Attitude Era and Said:

PG, I think, is a great idea, said Jericho. To me, the Attitude Era was stupid. Hot Lesbian Action and Meat with a (expletive) (expletive) in his pants because he has a (expletive) and Mark Henry getting a (expletive) from a guy and necrophilia. That's not entertaining by anybody's standards. That's just stupid and I never liked that stuff.
Sheamus 100th WWE Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is on a distinguished road

LOL, this from the guy who coined the term trash bag ho and put a slideshow on the Titantron featuring Stephanie McMahons huge boobs.
LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

I don't hate on Attitude, I recognize it has having been a good thing for its time, but it is not something that needs to be revisited anytime soon.

I'm sure if you ask Jericho off the record he'd express similar opinions, the quote above seems a bit over the top and as Shakespeare said Methinks he doth protest too much
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Behold The King! is on a distinguished road

Well I personally wasn't a huge fan of the Attitude Era because I grew up knowing how great the Golden Era was and watching all the matches featuring Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Andre the Giant etc etc, but to me, the Attitude Era did its job. The point in the WWE progressing through eras is to make their product different, to change with the times. These days the Attitude Era would be no longer accepted as a plausible form entertainment on TV, not only would the WWE lose alot of its fan base that it gained through the PG era, but they would have to move shows to later times and in turn this would cost loss of finances.

I am by no means an Attitude Era hater because so many great Triple H moments happened during that time, along with other great moments, but to be honest, the Attitude Era wasn't that good if you are interested in good wrestling matches, both the PG era and the Golden Era provide this.

In answer to what Chris Jericho said: I agree with him, alot of the Attitude Era stuff was a bit over the top, but I think that was for the main reason that the WWE wanted to cause controversy and give the fans a bit of shock treatment. Personally I didn't think much of the Attitude Era.
Behold The King! is offline   Reply With Quote