ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How would John Cena turning heel hurt WWE?s business?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Thank you HBK  is on a distinguished road
Default How would John Cena turning heel hurt WWE?s business?

I think in this day and age of wrestling a simple heel turn doesn?t affect a company at all, even if it?s someone as popular as John Cena. If anything it will help business because Cena is the one guy that NOBODY thinks will turn heel. By having him turn heel it will garner a lot of attention and people will want to tune in to watch. His haters will tune in to see if he goes back to being a rapper, which most people, even his haters, liked. And his fans will also tune in to watch his explanation of why he turned heel.

bq- do you think now in days a heel turn can possibly hurt WWE's business?
Thank you HBK  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dapapachasa is on a distinguished road

I think it would hurt alot because John Cena hands down sales the most merchandise and DVD's and stuff. He is the freaking face of the company. If he goes Heel. the lil kids is not gonna wanna buy his merchandise no more and that will be money out of WWE's pocket. Y destroy a good thing while it's still flourishing.
Dapapachasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

bringthewwfback is on a distinguished road

Well alot of kids will not be happy and people who idolise him but many other fans like I will be very happy. I don't think it will hurt the buisness alot because other superstars can step up to be the face of the company, undertaker, mysterio and othe fan favourites still sell a lot of merchandise and the face of the company has changed many times without doing harm. For example stone cold gave rock the spot when he was more injured and wasnt as much involved and slowly it has become cena. I personally would love to see him heel as he could easily do it well, i loved hating his guts and liking his funny gimmick get whopped.

BQ: As i have explained it didn't hurt it in the past and nowadays there is enough balance to keep fans tuned in.
bringthewwfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

cdmnumber1fan is on a distinguished road

If you've ever went to a wrestling event, you would know that there is always a sea of orange shirts in the crowd. John Cena sells about 80% of the merchandise from WWE. If he turned heel, little kids would never buy anything of his anymore. Little kids would probably stop watching wrestling also since their superhero is a bad guy.

BQ: Only if it's someone that sells a lot of merchandise.
cdmnumber1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

for the most part heel and face turns wouldn't affect overall business,

however Cena is THE Face of the WWE (both as #1 good guy, doing most of the Media appearances and getting the major endorsements and Movies)

by targetting the kids and Families this makes it difficult to push heels in outside projects as you need to overcome the hurdle of people's attitude towards their In ring character (They haven't had a major case recently in which they admitted to being a 'work' so a good deal of kids under 12 accept it as real. and even knowing its all for show... I know I still sometimes have to do a double take when I see some one out of character )
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is on a distinguished road

It wouldn't

Arguably two of the biggest stars this industry has ever seen in Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold have been heels before. Hogan turned heel after his shocking turn to the nWo while Stone Cold was mostly tweener/heel for the majority of his career. John Cena is still a popular superstar regardless of his role. He would still draw ratings, he would still sell merchandise (Stone Cold sold a lot of merchandise), etc. John Cena can still be a major star that can prove to be profitable for WWE even if he turns heel.

John Cena already draws fans as a face. His haters all watch him to see him lose while all his fans watch John Cena. While there are plenty of people who dislike John Cena, they all still watch the show whenever he's on. Turning him heel wouldn't hurt WWE's business.
Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is offline   Reply With Quote