ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you thinkcopying gimmicksin wrestling in overrated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sheamus 100th WWE Champion is on a distinguished road
Default Do you thinkcopying gimmicksin wrestling in overrated?

Since the 1980's wrestlers have been copying wrestlers.Even outside of wrestling there is copying going on for example:Coca Cola made Cherry Coke so Pepsi made Pepsi Twist or Pepsi Cherry.I bring this up because of this article that i read

http://michellemccool.net/wordpressi...much-angelina/

BTW even though i don't care about gimmick's getting copyed let the record show that Abyss is a knock off of Kane and TBP are a knockoff of the 90's stable PMS

BQ-Do you think since Victoria has been added back to the alumi page she has made some type of deal with the WWE

Please starr
Sheamus 100th WWE Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

John Cena Had The Worst Week is on a distinguished road

I agree with you 100%
John Cena Had The Worst Week is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jenny W is on a distinguished road

I think it is more interesting to see what new gimmicks people come up with, than seeing the same thing over and over. I suppose its one thing if they can pull it off and do a great job with it, possibly even better than the original person who used the gimmick - but originality usually wins in my book.
Jenny W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

I love BIG NATURAL EPIC BOOBZ is on a distinguished road

pro wrestling in general is a big ripoff. I'm a fan buy what I mean is that most of the gimmicks are taken from popular culture or other wrestling promotions and so on.

For example a lot of The Rock's catchphrases were taken from Iceman Parsons (a wrestler who wrestled in the WCCW in the 80's and early 90s)

The Undertaker's gimmick was actually taken from a Japanese female wrestler who actually took it from a Japanese Anime

Kane's original masked gimmick and the storyline surrounding it was to a certain point taken and inspired by Michael Myers from the Halloween movies

Sting's gimmick was taken from The Crow movies

The original Mankind gimmick was actually inspired by Hannibal Lecter

John Cena's white rapper gimmick was to a certain point inspired by the popularity of Eminem at the time.

etc.

ABYSS IS CLOSER TO MANKIND THAN TO KANE ACTUALLY. KANE DIDN'T LIVE IN A BASEMENT, THE ONLY REAL SIMILARITY IS THE MASK.

BY THE WAY, SHEAMUS IS TECHNICALLY THE 39TH CHAMPION, HE JUST HAS THE 100TH REIGN
I love BIG NATURAL EPIC BOOBZ is offline   Reply With Quote