ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do You Think Swagger was a Good Champion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2010, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

gts-rko is on a distinguished road
Default Do You Think Swagger was a Good Champion?

I personally thought he was going to be good until he started losing matches. The WHC even felt less important after a while, espesially the Over The Limit match.

I hope Rey does better than his first reign.
gts-rko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Luis V. is on a distinguished road

Yes he was a good champion. But now it sucks that Rey Mysterio is WHC. WWE made a wrong decision making that short bastard champ when younger talent needs it. I am now done with the WWE. I am gonna watch the NBA again.
Luis V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cleveland Brown is on a distinguished road

no
Cleveland Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Born 2 Win is on a distinguished road

No. I say this because he had no charisma and was not exciting to watch. He was entertaining before he became WHC because he was wild and cocky. When he became WHC he was so boring and had no mic skills. It was like he was trying to copy Jericho's gimmick a little, but Jericho does it way better. Don't get me wrong he is a great wrestler. He just doesn't have charisma or any heat from the crowd.

P.S.- I'm sort of glad that Rey is champion, but I really wanted Punk to win.
Born 2 Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Champ is Here is on a distinguished road

Jack Swagger was not a good Champion at all. CONGRATS Rey Mysterio
The Champ is Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Protest the Hero is on a distinguished road

No, but that isn't really his fault. It was the writers. The my accomplishments speeches were boring as hell, but no matter who was delivering them, they would never be entertaining. It wasn't his fault the gimmick was boring since no one would ever be able to liven up what he was given, it was the writers. He certainly had the size and wrestling skills (and I personally believe he has the look of a champion, but I could see others not thinking so) of a world champion, but they didn't make him seem like top dog the way a world champion should be. He lost a fair amount of matches and they made him seem like just another guy on the roster who happens to have a big, shiny gold belt which is, again, the fault of the writers, not him. He could have been a great champion and I hope he gets another shot someday. I didn't really watch much ECW, so I didn't see his reign as ECW champ. How was he then?
Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Drew Brayden is on a distinguished road

Ya swagger is good champion
Drew Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Miz is Really Awesome is on a distinguished road

Swagger COULD have been a good champion, but WWE basically booked him as a joke. Think about it: he lost way too many matches while being champion, and they had him cutting these boring promos about his past accomplishments.

If you're going to put a world title on a wrestler, the right thing to do is make him look strong, not make him look like a joke. No one took him seriously, and that's WWE's fault, not his. He was just booked very poorly as champion. His talent was wasted.
The Miz is Really Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote