ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

who was a better wrestler, chris benoit or kurt angle in there prime(bonus question inside)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2010, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Alexis B(Holybell) is on a distinguished road
Default who was a better wrestler, chris benoit or kurt angle in there prime(bonus question inside)?

bonus question: what is your favorite season?
Alexis B(Holybell) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Apex Predator 6.6 (Elite) is on a distinguished road

Both were equally similar in all categories, but Benoit would have to be the better overall wrestler. He has had so much more experience than Angle, training in the Hart Dungeon, fighting in ECW and WCW, teaming with The Dynamite Kid (his wrestling hero growing up), and becoming one of the greatest technicians who ever lived.

No disrespect to Angle whatsover as I like both, but Benoit is the better wrestler.

BQ: Fall
The Apex Predator 6.6 (Elite) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is on a distinguished road

Chris Benoit.

As I answered in your previous question several days ago, Kurt Angle lacks in-ring psychology and storytelling in his matches. He's a phenomenal mat wrestler, but he executes moves at random times with no buildup at all toward the Ankle Lock. He just executes a German Suplex here and a Belly to Belly suplex there. He doesn't even injure the leg of his opponent to set up the Ankle Lock. It just seems like Kurt Angle executes his moveset at random times with no purpose to really further the story in the match.

Chris Benoit on the other hand is considered the greatest wrestler of all time by many for a reason. His last days might overshadow his career, but they should not overshadow the ability he possessed. He was a superb mat wrestler like Kurt Angle, but he had storytelling and in-ring psychology. Just look at Benoit's entire moveset. They either focus on the back, the arm, or the neck. Even his diving headbutt hit the arm of his opponents. That all sets up for either the Sharpshooter or the Crippler Crossface. His timing with his moves for storytelling was better as well. Every move Chris Benoit did had some kind of meaning or purpose.

Kurt Angle is the better mat wrestler, but Chris Benoit is the better wrestler overall in my opinion.

BQ: I like either spring or summer. Summer is a great season for going out to play sports or hang out with friends. For many, it's also a break. I like spring because it's not too hot and is mostly cool outside.
Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Warrior4God is on a distinguished road

Chris Benoit for me was the better wrestler overall.

Spring is my favorite.
Warrior4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

pizza and boobs is on a distinguished road

kurt angle
pizza and boobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

The Great OneŽ is on a distinguished road

Kurt Angle - Wrestling's Only Olympic Gold Medalist

Kurt Angle was a much better wrestler in his prime compared to Chris Benoit. Since

he debuted on the scene in the WWE at Survivor Series in 1999 he lived up to all of

the hype being the 1996 U.S.A. Olympic Gold Medalist. Kurt Angle stepped into his

prime winning the WWE Championship from Stone Cold Steve Austin at Unforgiven

in 2001 in his own hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Although some of Kurt's

Championship Title reigns only last a few months you can't question his heart he's

got the heart of a champion. In my opinion it's a tough choice but I think after all he

has accomplished in wrestling even when he left for better opportunities in TNA he's

a much better technical wrestler and a better mat wrestler in his prime. And in TNA

I think he's improved more on his wrestling and his popularity has grown even in his

rivalry with Samoe Joe in 2006 Kurt Angle became the 2nd Grand Slam Champion

in TNA's Wrestling history. I did respect everything Chris Benoit did for the sport of

professional wrestling. He just didn't get much opportunities in the WWF/E only a 2

Time World Heavyweight Champion the prime of his career was when he got number

one entry in the Royal Rumble in 2004 and then went on to Wrestlemania 20 to beat

Triple H and Shawn Michaels and finally be the World Heavyweight Champion. Even

before then at the old WWE Fully Loaded pay per view in July 2000 Benoit somehow

defeated The Rock and made him tap out and this was a title match for the WWF/E

Championship and then somehow that decision was over turned and the match got

restarted so Benoit never won the WWF/E Championship only the World Title (twice)

you can't take nothing away from Benoit though he had the heart of a Lion and he was

very serious about the wrestling business. To answer the question though. Kurt Angle.

BQ I like Summer it's a pefect time to be outside and going to the a sunny bright day

on the beach. Second to that I do like Winter it's nice a cool outside and kind of chilly.
The Great OneŽ is offline   Reply With Quote