ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which Wrestlemania 25 or 26 do you prefer Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Viper - WWEs Apex Predator is on a distinguished road
Default Which Wrestlemania 25 or 26 do you prefer Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels?

I mean Wrestlemania 25 was unpredictable I didn't know HBK would have kicked out of Tombstone, Last Ride...

But then WM26 was a bit predictable because we know what we saw last year and that we know it will take about 3 Tombstones and 3 superkicks to make it more exciting and unpredictable as to what is going to happen next.

At WM26 when Undertaker didn't know where he was at the end and he was bleeding, HBK came to the ring and did Sweet Chin Music, my heart was beating i thought that's it that was it but he kicked out. Impossible.

Which Wrestlemania do you prefer and why?
The Viper - WWEs Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
GVT
Young Noob

GVT is on a distinguished road

WM 25.
GVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Christian is on a distinguished road

25! it was more original.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Champ is Here is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 25
The Champ is Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

jackiesinclair@ymail.com is on a distinguished road

Definitely WrestleMania 25 because Taker and HBK went out there and tore the house down and showed that they could still go. I just couldn't get into 26 the same way because you could tell that they were both injured before the match even started and weren't at their best so they really didn't have as good a match as they could have. But in their defense for 26 the WrestleMania 25 match was one of those historic matches even if they were in their twenties again I don't think they could've topped it.
jackiesinclair@ymail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

eric is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 25.

1. Unpredictable

2. Shawn Michaels didn't retire.

3. Better match.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? VIPER ? is on a distinguished road

Let me just say first, before I answer, that both of these matches were amazing, and it was a pleasure and an honor for me to be able to witness their Wrestlemania XXVI match live and in person.

Wrestlemania 25 - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

This match is without a doubt one of the best matches in Wrestlemania history, and of all time. The match was very back and forth, unpredictable, 'edge of your seat', and electrifying. This was the first time HBK and Undertaker had wrestled each other in years, and the first time at a Wrestlemania. The only storyline going into this match is that HBK knew that he could beat Undertaker's streak, and that he has done so much, and he can do this, too. Overall, like I said, the match was phenomenal. No one expected Undertaker to kick out of any of the SCM's given, and no one expected HBK to kick out of the tombstone piledriver. Since this was the first time in years that this match occured, and the match delivered, and the promos and the hype leading up to this match were perfect, it made the Undertaker/HBK Wrestlemania 25 match flawless.

Wrestlemania XXVI - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Streak vs Career

This match was near perfection. The hype going into this match was just as incredible as the last years, possibly even better than it. The storyline going into this legendary match was that if Undertaker lost, his streak would be over, and Shawn Michaels KNOWING that he can beat the streak. He said that last year, he made one mistake that cost him the entire match, and that he won't make the same mistake again. And if Shawn Michaels lost the match, then his illustrious career would come to an end. Overall, a classic indeed. Like I said, the hype for it was beautiful, and the match itself was very emotional and filled with anticipation. Either way, history would be made. Either Undertaker's unprecedented undefeated streak is over, or Shawn Michaels has his last match. The match was unpredictable, filled with numerous reversals, strikes, slams, aerial offense, and more. Some did not like this match as much as last years because there was nothing really new to the match and innovative things that they didn't do last year, but it was still incredible. Plus, their match at Wrestlemania 25 was used in the hype and story going into Wrestlemania XXVI, so it seems like WWE wants fans to remember their Wrestlemania XXVI more.

Overall, the better match was at Wrestlemania 25.

Overall, the more intense, emotional, and 'edge of your seat' match was at Wrestlemania XXVI.

Both matches are tagged classics. No doubt.

Wrestlemania 25 focused more on putting on a great match,

and Wrestlemania XXVI focused more on being a great, emotional, and intense match that ended up being the final match for the greatest sports entertainer of all time.

But your question says 'Which do you prefer?'

I think I prefer their match at Wrestlemania XXVI the most because it was still a great match,

but had a lot more story, emotion, intensity, and closure to it.

Not only did it end the great rivlary that is Undertaker/Shawn Michaels,

but it also was the end of one of the greatest careers in professional wrestling history.
? VIPER ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road

WrestleMania XXV's match was more original, and it being the first time at WrestleMania, more unique. The XXVI match meant more history wise, HBK retired, but I preferred XXV. Two botches and an awesome 31 minute match.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Definitely Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV. In case u don't know, one day after Shawn Michaels' retirement at Wrestlemania XXVI, this match was voted by more than 100,000 users in wwe.com as Shawn Michaels' greatest Wrestlemania match, topping Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (Wrestlemania XII) in the second place and Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania XXI) in the third place.

When I saw Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXI, I thought that you would never see a better match where no weapons are used. Not just getting caught up in the hype because WrestleMania was only months ago, but this just might be the best WrestleMania match that I have ever seen. As far as storyline goes it was built up very well. As far as in ring action goes, it was a privilege to watch. As far as ring psychology goes, it was a master class. As far as crowd reaction goes, that much crowd reaction hasn?t been seen since Hogan vs The Rock. I truly believe that while we thought we may knew who is going to emerge victorious, it?s more about how the winner gets there, that matters the most. The match between the Undertaker and ?The Heartbreak Kid? Shawn Michaels, was an example of how great a match could be, and no one could complain about how the match ended. The Undertaker attempted to hit Shawn with his fists to open the match, but HBK kept evading the blows.

Each competitor executed their finishing move a few times, but each one kicked out of the other?s signature move. Frustration was evident on the faces of both these superstars, especially the Undertaker?s. At one point during the match, Shawn was on the outside of the ring. Undertaker was about to dive, but HBK pulled a camera man in front of him, and Undertaker accidentally jumped on the cameraman. I honestly thought for 5 seconds that The Undertaker had broken his neck and died live at WrestleMania.

The end came when Shawn was climbing the ropes to do a moonsault. The Undertaker caught him in mid-air, and nailed his ?Tombstone? reverse piledriver for the pinfall victory. The match lasted a little over half-an-hour and was one of the greatest matches I have ever seen. The fans were into it ? half were chanting ?Let?s go Taker?, while the other half were chanting ?HBK?. At one point, the fans were also chanting ?This is awesome.? The Undertaker is now 17-0 at WrestleMania. What a record! In my opinion, this was his best match ever at WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels brought out the best in his opponent, and showed why he is also known as ?Mr. WrestleMania.?. Nothing else on the show came close to being this good. JR claimed it was like a living heaven on earth after seeing this match. Fans will be talking about this match for decades like some of the other great WrestleMania matches. An instant classic which the crowd gave a standing ovation to both legends after the match.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote