ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why don't independent promotions get the respect they deserve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wes
Fresh Noob

Wes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Wes
Default Why don't independent promotions get the respect they deserve?

I mean WWE marks always bash them because some don't make good promos. Well who cares about promos when their wrestling ability above average
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Dude is on a distinguished road

awww, boo hoo I'm gonna cry about it to my mommy now..

Because they suck!
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dmdac123 is on a distinguished road

because know one cares about them, and the wrestlers couldnt make it in wwe tna or even roh
dmdac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The new kid is on a distinguished road

I like small wrestling feds because you can see watch some nice talent.
The new kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dark Blood Angel Wolf is on a distinguished road

You have understand that WWE is the big gun. Wrestlers there have qualities that make them more entertaining than indie wrestlers. Meaning: WWE have better scripts and can make anyone sound good.
Dark Blood Angel Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

u cant kill wats not ur creation is on a distinguished road

bcause promos are verry impertant in the entertainment industrie and without it storylines suck
u cant kill wats not ur creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Psycho_Sarah is on a distinguished road

I love independent wrestling! Most of the wrestlers that I like in WWE or TNA...or even ROH are guys that I prefer seeing in the indy promotions. I find it more entertaining, and I love the fact that they are not as serious as WWE or TNA. It is just overall more fun to watch. As to why people do not respect the indys, I really do not understand. The ones that really confuse me are the ones that go around praising someone who was huge on the independent scene, and then talk trash about the indys regardless because the wrestler has made it big in WWE or TNA.
Psycho_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

M???? ??c? (K-Live?) is on a distinguished road

I think because WWE marks only care about entertainment and then when a promotion like CHIKARA doesn't give you entertainment but all wrestling, they start to bash.
M???? ??c? (K-Live?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Marq The Bolt Banks is on a distinguished road

I love Independent Promotions of Wrestling.They have really nice Talent in different promotions.When you think or you know you won't make it to TNA or the WWE,you can go to a Indy Promotion,and have fun.

I think when you go to a promotion that is not out there or will never be out there,just have fun.You can win Titles and accomplishments and even Wikipedia and other websites acknowledge your championship wins form even the smallest of Promotions.

So i say,forget the respect from the bigger promotions like ROH,WWE,or TNA,just have fun and i bet you will be known.Oh,and event though i said forget the respect,i take that back,Indy Promotions should always get the respect for developing a Promotion that is not in competition with the ROH,WWE, or TNA.They really do need the respect in my opinion.
Marq The Bolt Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Candle is on a distinguished road

As a fan of about everything, I'll tell you a few reasons why the independents will never get over.

1. Accessibility: Outside of ROH, no independent really has a nationally broadcast TV show, and even then, ROH is limited to HD Net. You also have to consider most of the independents that are majorly over in the US are concentrated in the same area and really don't tour outside of their territories. Heck, TNA just started leaving Florida for PPV's and house shows a few years ago. Also with very big promotions like AAA or Dragon Gate, you have the language barrier that may turn some people off, even though AAA's production quality is only second to the WWE. Considering all of this locational red tape and trouble of playing roulette buying DVD's online, along with the devaluation of such national tride and true brands of the past like NWA that ensured quality back in the day, it's hard for some to tell what's out there that will appeal to them, and therefore they wont take the chance of spending money on a tape of wrestlers they know nothing about in angles they're slap dab in the middle of, potentially in a language they don't understand. Trust me, not every indy out there with DVD sales is quality either. Unless you do the research necessary to know what is good, what will appeal to you, and what PPV is worth buying, you'll find yourself quite lost in the indy jungle. That's why people are more succeptable to being spoonfed the E Kool Aid, because it's there.

2. Brand Loyalty: It's hilarious to see fans turn on talents when they go from one brand to another. Some diehards, right? People see the WWE as being superior in name value, face recognition, familiarity, longevity, and quality of production (you'd be surprised how many fans in the 90's were turned off by early WCW's bad lighting) so it's a hard transition to make from larger than life ring entrances in a sold out arena via camera angles and filters that put the NFL to shame to poorly lit armory shows with an entrance ramp consisting of a frame, curtain, and if you're lucky, fog machine. That screams low rent to a lot of fans, because they're used to THEIR product's look and THEIR big names and THEIR world champions. It's almost a xenophobic/nationalist reaction to have that's only common elsewhere in politics and religion. No other sport really has that. Sure there are rival teams in every sport, but outside of ACC/NBA purists in the 90's, I've never seen this in any other sport.

3. Name Value: If you don't know who you're watching, whether you hate them or not, or why you should care about them, it takes a lot out of a match. It's why Hulk Hogan's name will always out draw Austin Aries, or why Chris Benoit will always be considered the technical superior to Johnny Saint. If people don't know you, you must not be important. This is the mentality most people have towards wrestling

4. Looks: These all tie in together fairly well, but few people would look at let's say Shawn Michaels in his flashy getup or the Undertaker in his stoic morbid flashy outfit and then look at the smaller KENTA in his two-toned trunks and basic ring wear and say KENTA looks more interesting. It's a big obstacle to overcome, especially for independents who are more about technical savvy and not about body building or flashy tassels.

I hope I've given you some insight. I wish more people would give the indy's a chance. I think they'd find a lot of what they're missing in the WWE product if they did
Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kyothelegend is on a distinguished road

Its simply because they're independent...look at all the independent promotions
kyothelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2010, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

Black Tiger II is on a distinguished road

I'm still a WWE fan myself, but agree with you indies deserve more respect. . Wrestling-wise, they tend to be better. Evan Bourne as an example. Great wrestler in WWE, yes. But Evan Bourne is NOTHING compared to Matt Sydal!!! I guess a lot of people are used to mainstream wrestling selling storylines, so when companies like japanese ones or indies appear with less stories and a shut up and fight attitude, they're so used to storylines than the lack of them makes these companies boring to their eyes. Thats the only reason I can thing of why ROH doesn't have a major TV promotion.
Black Tiger II is offline   Reply With Quote