ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

WWE's recent Massive Pushes (Sheamus' push; Swagger's push, etc.) Good idea, or bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? VIPER ? is on a distinguished road
Default WWE's recent Massive Pushes (Sheamus' push; Swagger's push, etc.) Good idea, or bad idea?

Recently, WWE thinks it's a really good idea to use massive pushes to push wrestlers.

Like Sheamus and Jack Swagger, they weren't doing ANYTHING, then it seems like all of a sudden, they are holding a world championship.

Do you agree with these pushes? Do you not like them?

WWE uses these fast world title run pushes to see if those wrestlers are cut out to be a certified main event player. Sheamus did.. less than okay. He wasn't the worst champion we've seen, but was around there. And Swagger is doing a phenomenal job, in my opinion.

Do you think it's a good idea? It exposes wrestlers to what the main event scene is like, then they can build their character a bit more, and be a main eventer 'full time.

Or do you think it's a bad idea? It exposes wrestlers to the main event division, but, if the wrestlers do terrible as champion, then we have to deal with him being champion for a couple of months or more.

I personally like pushing wrestlers without giving them the big one. It helps build their character, and have the hands in the palm of their hand, THEN being world champion. Instead, we are seeing some wrestlers like Sheamus and Swagger building their character DURING their world title reign.

So these massive pushes.. Are they more a good idea than a bad idea? Or do these pushes scream disaster?

Your thoughts and opinions?
? VIPER ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Big
Young Noob

Big is on a distinguished road

To push a guy with a terrible lisp and so lame (Swagger) and to push a guy as wierd as Sheamus, I now question how desperate the WWE is today
Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to anthony

I'm glad that they're pushing people but i dont think that every one should. Kofi,Matt,Evan bourne, and others who been here for a while should get more pushes or a belt. Let them work at mid card for a little longer to build mic skills and wrestling skills then carefully push them.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

The Prototype  is on a distinguished road

Good Idea, when WWE gives a push to a heel wrestler, they get more views, because fans just want to know when they will lose the belt, I like these pushes and I do hope that either Sheamus, Edge or Randy Orton wins the WWE Championship next Sunday.
The Prototype  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lady Jane - A Peep On The Edge is on a distinguished road

I think it is a good idea, and something that needed to be done for the future of the company. With all the injuries and retirement talk surrounding the big guys, they have to be ready to step up when the top dogs go (Undertaker, Edge, Rey)
Lady Jane - A Peep On The Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dohara is on a distinguished road

I thought that pushing sheamus would be a horrible idea but i was wrong, he hasn't even been in the company for a year and he is already one of the biggest stars on Raw. I think Swagger deserved a push as he is talented but i think they are doing it the wrong way, he is as boring as hell now and he lose's most of his matches and its not good for people who go to smackdown houseshows as the mainevent is always big show vs swagger for the title, swagger can't beat show so they make him get DQed.
Dohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

The British Bulldog is on a distinguished road

I'm happy about the recent massive pushes the WWE for years has sat back and just kept using the same wrestlers which for many years was working out fine. But sooner or later people get older and they have to retire. The WWE has had to scramble to find new talent hence the Massive pushes. Remember that once all your favorite wrestlers where just nobodies being pushed on us. HBK used to be a member of the tag team The Rockers. The Rock used to be that weirdo Rocky Mavia, Triple H used to be Sir Hunter Hemsley, Steve Austin used to be a Hollywood Blonde and Million Dollar Champion John Cena was just some local jobber who beat Angle. All of the superstars started out as just some guy
The British Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Born To Be An Asshole(HSM) is on a distinguished road

Its alot better then those N for nobody NXT rookies getting a massive push they havent earned yeah maybe sheamus push was to quick but hes getting better and same with swagger but i dont understand why most users still complain about there pushes while they cheer for the NXT rookies that have done Absolutly NOTHING to deserve there instant pushes that whole angle and pushes could have went to the guys that have stuck with the company for all those years being looked down and missused it would have been a good way to make stars out of them but they choose to give there deserved spots to rookies
Born To Be An Asshole(HSM) is offline   Reply With Quote