ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would all the Cena haters like Cena if he turned heel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? VIPER ? is on a distinguished road
Default Would all the Cena haters like Cena if he turned heel?

As we all know, there are A LOT of John Cena haters out there.

Some think he can't wrestle.

Some don't like his gimmick.

Some don't like his mic skills.

And I'm probably getting a lot more..

So, as a fellow Cena FAN, I ask..

Would all of John Cena's haters turn to being John Cena FANS if Cena turned heel?

Cena turning heel means more mic time to build his heel character, probably a new gimmick of some sorts, and WWE letting him do more moves in the ring to help build his heel persona. Because Cena is watered down, I know he can do a lot more than he shows.

We all know that if Cena is the face of the WWE, and if he was heel, then WWE would make him the top heel of the WWE as well.

He would be the heel of the company, no doubt.

So, does a Cena heel turn = Cena's haters turn to Cena fans?
? VIPER ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tear is on a distinguished road

it won't work for me, beacause i simply can't stand the guy (face or heel)
Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

The Prototype  is on a distinguished road

Not only if he turned heel, but if he had a different move-set, because the Cena haters think that his current move-set is boring, so I think he should at least use Batista's move-set or something, even use a different finisher but the STFU is ok.
The Prototype  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

The British Bulldog is on a distinguished road

Cena = Peace in the hearts and minds of Cena Haters so some normality returns to our lives

We welcome new moves and a new gimmick and a new look
The British Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Big
Young Noob

Big is on a distinguished road

It'll be hard because he is just so annoying either way it goes
Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Yaw A is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but the kids and women that like Cena now will then become haters because of his heel gimmick. So turning him heel won't do much good, even though A LOT of haters are waiting for that day.
Yaw A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

W.o.W is on a distinguished road

As long as WWE didn't go backwards and repeat his rap gimmick of '05... then, yeah, I'd be onboard for his heel character
W.o.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

YellowCharm0625 is on a distinguished road

ok, people I still donn't understand why you hate Cena, he is doing his job, wwe wantss him pg, wwe assigned him gimmick, wwe wants him on mic, wwe wants him to win the majority of his matches, (Im sure he was told he couldn't do some of his moves because it doesnt follow the pg era! NEWSFLASH he has more than five moves) but as I was saying he didn't do anything he is just doing his job and following the script, you can only say you hate or dislike John Cena if you actually know him..

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH DOHARA!!
YellowCharm0625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dohara is on a distinguished road

Cena will never ever be a heel. I hated Batista as a face but i liked him as a heel so it would depend on how Cena acts if he was a heel.

I think Cena deserves to be the top star of the company as he is the most dedicated superstar in the WWE and doesn't do it for the money.
Dohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to anthony

It dosent matter because he still cant wrestle.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Psycho Dude 99 is on a distinguished road

Best way to answer is it would be exactly like Batista. If you think after Batista turned heel he lost a lot of his haters; which I think, then I think the same will still be for Cena. In Cena's case of course he would have haters, but I can promise you this, that if he turned heel he would definitly lose the majority of his haters. There are several reasons why.

For instince, a lot of Cena haters hate him because he supposedly sparked the PG era. He stands for the kids of WWE and always has their side. The kids absolutely love him, and a lot of fans here on the WS hate Cena for that reason. If Cena were to turn his back on the fans and turn his back on the kids, I have a feeling a lot of people on here would love that and become instant Cena fans.

Also as I said, he is very comparable to Batista. When a superstar turns heel, it seems easier to like them. People want to stand out and just cheer on the people that never get cheered on. I personally began to like Batista after he turned heel because he did far better promos compared to as when he was a face. Aside from that, everyone began to like Batista again when nothing had really changed about him. I believe they just began cheering him on because he was the man they were supposed to hate.

Overall, I admit to changing my opinions on wrestlers because of their character. I hated Batista as a face, and became a small fan of his because of his heel turn. For CM Punk, I was never really impressed with him as a face, but became a die hard Punk fan when he became heel. What caused me to change my opinion on these superstars? They were able to portray their character better by changing their character up. Both Batista and Punk became amazing characters due to their character change. Punk I was an instant fan of because he had amazing promos, a great storyline, and he really struck the fans with his straight edge preeching, For him to preech to the fans about things that are good like not drinking, smoking, or doing drugs, and have all the fans booing you is something very innovative. And to have someone who does drugs like Jeff Hardy getting cheered is very innovative. It's very interesting to see fans despise such a man that stands up for all the moral values you should have. As proven, Punk's character was far better as a heel. Batista is different. He didn't really come into his character as a heel at 1st. That's why I wasn't a fan of him when he 1st turned heel. But of course there were still other fans that cheered him on just because he was the hated man. I began to like him when his character really evolved with his Cena storyline. He pulled that off perfectly and for that I became a fan.

So as you can see, a character does not change a superstar, but some fans seem to base their opinion on a superstar based upon their character; which to a degree is wrong. My personal opinion on Cena is that I am not a fan, but I respect him more than any other superstar that has ever been on WWE. I am not a fan because of his title reigns. They have all been the same. Nothing new or innovative about any of his title reigns. I als am not a fan because of his promos. He has amazing promo skills, that I can't deney. But his promos are like his title reigns and by that they are all the same and they can be rather cheezy. As for me respecting him, he puts more effort into this industry than anyone else, is dedicated more than anyone, has made movies, commercials, TV appearneces, and albums, but he still comes back to WWE. And I'm not talking about coming back for a few months and leacving again, I mean if he has a movie you can't even tell because he does not let that effect his work schedule whatsoever. Plus he has come back from multiple injuries which is harder than anyone can imagine. That is my opinion on Cena. I may become a fan if he changes his character. I probably will becuase it will fix the thing I don't like about him, and it will be something new. But a character change is not what should be the only reason for liking or disliking a superstar.

Overall, yes; Cena haters will convert if a heel change occurs. Maybe not all, maybe not most, but a good number of them will. Whether or not that is right or wrong is irellevent. It should happen nontheless.
Psycho Dude 99 is offline   Reply With Quote