ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think by not looking at Spoiler/News sites HHH's return could actually be good and...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2010, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TRE Says WHAT ABOUT ME?! is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think by not looking at Spoiler/News sites HHH's return could actually be good and...

...unexpexrting? +BQ? BQ- Could that work for everything in wrestling? If we stopped looking at all these sites Wrestling Wouldn't be so predictable and we would complain as much?

Unexpected* My bad on error
TRE Says WHAT ABOUT ME?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

rico is on a distinguished road

Thats a good idea
rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

nxt alliance rules is on a distinguished road

cool i hhh is cool
nxt alliance rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Big
Young Noob

Big is on a distinguished road

Obviously, I think by not looking at spoilers, anything can and should be unexpected. This never happened in the Attitude days. We didn't have spoilers (or at least not that many), so we went into every week surprised and shocked at everything. In this PG Era, I know whats gonna happen on Smackdown 5 days before it happens, which is retarded
Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to anthony

Thats what we should do now. Look at triple h's return in 2002. Though they did promos about it, it was for many unexpected. Spoiler sites ruin the surprise.
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

7AP?-WWE IS THE BEST is on a distinguished road

if there wasn't any spoilers then it would be a good surprice

if we look only at wrestling, not any wrestling news, then it would be better
7AP?-WWE IS THE BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

I Am 1337? {Amie} is on a distinguished road

Obviously, yes.

Internet is probably one of the main reasons that for us, wrestling has become predictable. Spoiler sites, prediction sites, and QA sites like Yahoo Answers allow for people to suspect things, guess things and predict things. We're all asking and answering questions on what we think will happen and just general predictions. Take all of that away, take the internet away. Wrestling normally keeps it's secrets closely guarded, but internet allows it to creep out and for people to gain knowledge so predicting is easier, and as you watch more wrestling, you get to know what sort of things are likely to happen. If you take the internet away, there is no facility for QA about wrestling predictions, so for example, we can't predict when HHH will return and how.

The main complaint about WWE is probably it's predictibility but it's our own faults. If we didnt purposely search for wrestling gossip then we wouldn't spoil wrestling. If we didn't constantly ask Q's about wrestling then we wouldn't hear all these different prediction ideas, which scramble our brains and overload them with all these possibilities, so no matter what happens, we kinda knew roughly that it would happen.

Triple H's return can be good and for me, even if I know when hes returning it would still be exciting for me. Like when he returned at Summerslam to face King Booker. It was all planned and we knew, but for me it was still really exciting. HHH is a top face of WWE so just seeing him back will create such a great atmosphere and the response will be great whether we kinda know it's happening or not. Undertaker returning at Summerslam in 2009, rumours were being passed around of that happening and then it did, but it was still entertaining. I don't think all rumours spoil wrestling it just depends how you react to it. But internet is the main cause of why we complain about wrestling because we allow ourselves to read spoilers or be around them and at the end of the day, we ruin it for ourselves. So yes in answer to your q's.. HHH return can be great, whether it's predictable or not. And if we stayed away from internet and spoilers or news sites then it would make things less predictable. However, in everything there is an air of predictibility. After you watch smething fr so long you get used to it and can almost guess what will happen next.
I Am 1337? {Amie} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Prof. D is on a distinguished road

He's had too many leg injuries and surgeries he can only go so far with those repaired legs, great wrestler but i expect him to retire within 3 years if he comes back
Prof. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Donovan T (WILL BREAK YOUR FACE) is on a distinguished road

Not really.

HHH's returns, especially as a face persona, have become repetitive and predictable, and when he returned early last time after being taken out by Orton, the reactions weren't anything to boast about at all. Then again, he basically walked right back into a feud that was already stale.

BQ: Not everything. The above example is one, but I think any return by The Undertaker also holds the same reasoning as well. Some people have complained about things that were unpredictable (i.e. Jack Swagger's WHC win, CM Punk's first WHC loss), but even those instances can't seem to stop the complaints that happen.
Donovan T (WILL BREAK YOUR FACE) is offline   Reply With Quote