ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What is the best wrestling match you have ever seen??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

deth2sokpuppets is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best wrestling match you have ever seen??

For me it was bret hart vs owen hart at summerslam 94, it was such a emotional match the storyline was great and the match was off the charts. What was yours and why??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6WIlwsc50
deth2sokpuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Kevin A is on a distinguished road

i THINK it was undertaker and shawn, wrestlemania
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RatedAlice is on a distinguished road

I have too many , some that stand out for me are;

Hbk vs Bret Hart - Iron Man Match WrestleMania XII

Stone Cold Vs The Rock - WrestleMania X-Seven

Triple H Vs The Undertaker - WrestleMania X-Seven

Kurt Angle Vs Chris Beniot - Royal Rumble 2003

Dx Vs Rated Rko - New Years Revolutuion 2007

You didnt mention it was Just to be WWF/E , But my fav TNA and WCW Matches are

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles - TNA Unbreakable' 05

WCW - Goldberg vs Hogan on Nitro Sting vs Flair last man standing at WCW's last ppv ( i think?)

Anyways you gotta check out these matches if you havent seen them , xxx
RatedAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

ca$h is on a distinguished road

Undertaker vs Shawn wrestle mania both matches
ca$h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

daniel is on a distinguished road

Brock Lesnar Vs. Eddie Guerrero - WWE title Match. (Winner - Eddie Guerrero)

I was a huge Brock fan. But was always a lifetime follower of Eddie. so I was torn between the two.

I was young when it aired. 13 maybe, So I was watching wrestling through the eyes of innocence.

Watching Eddie pickup the win had me at the edge of my seat screaming for Eddie to win, but for Brock not to lose. When it ended and Eddie ran to the crowd to celebrate I was leaping up and down screaming my little head off.
daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

?? ???? ?? ???????? is on a distinguished road

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - WrestleMania XXV

This match should've been Main Event; much more than Triple H vs Orton. It was 3rd last on the card, a good position, but what followed it was disappointing.

Last year, people said they had the greatest match in WrestleMania history. Some even said, it was the greatest match ever. The Undertaker, of all people, knew Shawn couldn't live with himself. He agreed to a rematch at this years WrestleMania, WrestleMania XXVI. They didn't recreate the magic but it meant more to us because it was, so far, the retirement of Shawn Michaels in it's entirity. Shawn didn't come out of retirement (well, he hasn't yet) and he, along with The Undertaker, put an a show that we'll never forget, along with all of his matches.

Why? Because he did.
?? ???? ?? ???????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Evil Barney is on a distinguished road

That was a great match, they showed that cage matches could be exciting without blood and gore, I prefer there match at Wrestlemania 10 though, Dare I say I even enjoyed it more than the ladder match on said show
Evil Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tazimaeus is on a distinguished road

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania X-Seven has to be one of the greats.

Also, most of Eddie Guerrero's matches in the last few years of his life, it was hard to take your eyes off him because you would never know what he was going to do next, hit his opponent with a steel chair and as the referee was getting up, pretend they'd hit him and fall to the ground was one of my favourites =]
Tazimaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Definitely Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV. In case u don't know, one day after Shawn Michaels' retirement at Wrestlemania XXVI, this match was voted by more than 100,000 users in wwe.com as Shawn Michaels' greatest Wrestlemania match, topping Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (Wrestlemania XII) in the second place and Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania XXI) in the third place.

When I saw Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXI, I thought that you would never see a better match where no weapons are used. Not just getting caught up in the hype because WrestleMania was only months ago, but this just might be the best WrestleMania match that I have ever seen. As far as storyline goes it was built up very well. As far as in ring action goes, it was a privilege to watch. As far as ring psychology goes, it was a master class. As far as crowd reaction goes, that much crowd reaction hasn?t been seen since Hogan vs The Rock. I truly believe that while we thought we may knew who is going to emerge victorious, it?s more about how the winner gets there, that matters the most. The match between the Undertaker and ?The Heartbreak Kid? Shawn Michaels, was an example of how great a match could be, and no one could complain about how the match ended. The Undertaker attempted to hit Shawn with his fists to open the match, but HBK kept evading the blows.

Each competitor executed their finishing move a few times, but each one kicked out of the other?s signature move. Frustration was evident on the faces of both these superstars, especially the Undertaker?s. At one point during the match, Shawn was on the outside of the ring. Undertaker was about to dive, but HBK pulled a camera man in front of him, and Undertaker accidentally jumped on the cameraman. I honestly thought for 5 seconds that The Undertaker had broken his neck and died live at WrestleMania.

The end came when Shawn was climbing the ropes to do a moonsault. The Undertaker caught him in mid-air, and nailed his ?Tombstone? reverse piledriver for the pinfall victory. The match lasted a little over half-an-hour and was one of the greatest matches I have ever seen. The fans were into it ? half were chanting ?Let?s go Taker?, while the other half were chanting ?HBK?. At one point, the fans were also chanting ?This is awesome.? The Undertaker is now 17-0 at WrestleMania. What a record! In my opinion, this was his best match ever at WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels brought out the best in his opponent, and showed why he is also known as ?Mr. WrestleMania.?. Nothing else on the show came close to being this good. JR claimed it was like a living heaven on earth after seeing this match. Fans will be talking about this match for decades like some of the other great WrestleMania matches. An instant classic which the crowd gave a standing ovation to both legends after the match.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

drewluve is on a distinguished road

I was lucky enough to be at an Independent show about 9 years ago and saw Brian Danielson vs. Lo-Ki(Kavl) It was awesome/
drewluve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The AWSOME MIZTAKE is on a distinguished road

Brock Lesnar vs Eddie gurreo.

Edge vs Mick Foley wm22

Taker vs Mankind Hell in A Cell
The AWSOME MIZTAKE is offline   Reply With Quote