ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why don't people see Kofi Kingston potential to be a Megastar/future Hall of Famer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2010, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ty B$ is on a distinguished road
Default Why don't people see Kofi Kingston potential to be a Megastar/future Hall of Famer?

Mic Skills- He has proven to be great on the mic

Crowd Reaction- One of the top pops on Smackdown and he had one of the best pops on Raw until his push stopped.

Age- he is only 28 meaning he still has a good 10 years in him since he stays in great shape.

Merchandise draw- I have seen a number of WWE merchandise campaigns at Meijers, walmart, k-mart, etc... with John Cena, Rey Mysterio, DX, and KOFI KINGSTON on the poster. Here is another thing, Kofi kingston is the 3rd most popular wrestler with the kids (the people who want the merchandise) behind Cena and Mysterio. How many signs do you see on smackdown with BOOM, BOOM, BOOM on them or A poster with a black guy with dreads on them, alot if you ask me.

In Ring Ability- One of the best performers in the Game today. High flyer with the ability to play a powerhouse game, that says it all.

It Factor- Women, kids, and grown men love him.

WOW! sounds alot like HBK to me, BTW HBK is a future first ballot hall of famer.
Ty B$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR!!! is on a distinguished road

yeah
SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

|Y|onkers |R|oyal |V|iper is on a distinguished road

Kofi Kingston is no HBK. Sorry. but his Mic skills and fan connection are nowhere near as good as The Showstopper. In my opinion, Kofi Kingston is too much of a Cartoon Character to be taken seriousley as World Champion. His feud with RKO wasn't all that good, and he's too much of a typical babyface kiddie lovin cartoon.

Nothing against Kofi, he's a GREAT Midcarder, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a World Champion just yet.

Turn him heel and we have another story.
|Y|onkers |R|oyal |V|iper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

R patrick is on a distinguished road

I think it's because he's nothing too special. And what I mean by that is wrestlers like HBK, Triple H, Orton, Jericho, and Cena all have something that makes them unique and rememberable where Kofi has a gimmick and a character that can be played out over again.
R patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Shawn Michaels? is on a distinguished road

he is incredibly athletic..no doubt

but he just doesnt have that IT factor
Shawn Michaels? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Shawn Michaels? is on a distinguished road

he is incredibly athletic..no doubt

but he just doesnt have that IT factor
Shawn Michaels? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? Rated RKO Legend Killer ? is on a distinguished road

I agree. I see Kofi Kingston as a future main eventer. WWE is looking for there next big African American star to give a push 2 and Kofi Kingston might be the guy. His move to Smackdown was a success. He hasn't lost a match since coming their. He gets a good crowd reaction. I think ever since he lost the Jamaican accent, I could take him more seriously. His feud with Randy Orton in late 2009 was genius. It really elevated him as a possible future main eventer. The segment he did breaking Randy Orton's car, to making a MSG moment by doing a boom drop on top of the stands really showed me that he has a good future in the WWE. So yea I definitely see Kofi as a future megastar.
? Rated RKO Legend Killer ? is offline   Reply With Quote