ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

do you consider victoria aka tara a icon or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2010, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Alexis B(Holybell) is on a distinguished road
Default do you consider victoria aka tara a icon or not?

be honest. she was one of the best wrestlers, but do you consider here a icon?

bonus question: which great diva do you prefer, hamada or sarita or tara?

EDIT: if you explain, that will increase your chance of best answer.
Alexis B(Holybell) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 03:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cyber Sapien 2 {*_*} is on a distinguished road

Yes*
Cyber Sapien 2 {*_*} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

d?sco never d?ed is on a distinguished road

No. She wasn't pushed nearly as hard as Trish Stratus or Lita.

BQ: Sarita, because she is HAWT.
d?sco never d?ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

WeAreVenom! is on a distinguished road

I don't known if I would use the word icon but she is a great wrestler. She did receive a great reaction when she left TNA though. I remember when she was Women's champion but i don't understand why her push died down.

BQ: Sarita. She does some amazing things in the ring.
WeAreVenom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 04:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is on a distinguished road

No.

I believe that if you're an icon, you would have somehow changed the face of professional wrestling. It's when someone revolutionizes wrestling in a way so to speak. Hulk Hogan is an icon, Stone Cold is an icon, etc. Victoria was undoubtedly a proficient wrestler, but she didn't have that tremendous impact on female wrestling. Victoria was never one of the major names of professional wrestling for women like Fabulous Moolah, Madusa, Trish Stratus, and so on. Victoria didn't impact anything. She was just another talented wrestler.

BQ: None of the ones you named are divas. Divas are mostly just pretty faces in the WWE. To answer your question, I prefer Sarita. I've seen some of her matches down in Mexico and all her matches in TNA, and I believe that she's one of the best high flying athletes I've seen today. Her moves are so fluid and flawless a lot of the times. She has a great pace in her matches and she has an impressive arsenal of aerial maneuvers. I just find her more entertaining than the other two.
Truly Phenomenal (The Colony) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 04:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
mia
School sucks

mia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mia

No. WWE never used her in a way that made her an icon. WWE wasted her and TNA stuffed it up too.

Trish was the last female icon for WWE.

hamada and sarita are not divas. they are wrestlers. same for tara.
mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 04:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

the wrestling guru is on a distinguished road

yeah she has proved herself as a very good in ring talent but at the end of her career in the wwe she was used like a colin dealeny and that to me made me have more respect for her the way she just took it and when she jumped ship to tna and became a 3 time knockouts champion that put her at icon status she is a wrestling goddess and unlike most womens wrestlers today she did not get off on her look not to say she was not easy on the eyes she is a beautiful woman one of the few womans in her 40s that i would u know alongside courtney cox and jennifer aniston from friends
the wrestling guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 04:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dana: Liiyah_s Halo is on a distinguished road

sadly no but victoria had everything it took to be a icon but like always and like the other talented divas she was overshadowed by the eye candies. victoria was a excellent face and heel. she was a very charismatic face and she did get a lot of crowd reactions but it wasnt to the point where she was the top diva and changed things in the wwe womens division or the tna knockout division. the best thing victoria would be known for is being the first diva to win a steel cage match in wwe history and that isnt even memorable.

victoria was just another talented diva being misused. she definitely cant be a legend especially if she jobbed most of her career. victoria was extremely talented and she was pretty good on the mic but in the wwe she didnt get as much as she should have. she isnt in the top ranking when it comes to being memorable for breaking boundaries in the wwe such as lita,trish stratus and the fabulous moolah. so no i dont consider victoria a icon though its really sad that she isnt because she was definitely one of the most talented divas in wwe history.

bq:im gonna say sarita she is so fun to watch in the ring. she works well with taylor wilde in the knockouts tag division. i cant wait until she goes solo and becomes knockouts champion. she is really fast and a good technical wrestler. none of them are divas though they never were and i dont think they ever will be.
Dana: Liiyah_s Halo is offline   Reply With Quote