ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Am I the only person in the Wrestling Section who hates Rey Mysterio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2010, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lakersandi-Melbourne FC HBK Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Am I the only person in the Wrestling Section who hates Rey Mysterio?

I don't mean hate him personally, but hates his mic skills, gimmick etc...

Honestly, I actually like John Cena better than Rey Mysterio.

I have only seen him as a face, with the same gimmick for the past 8 years and I never thought he was that great as a kid and my opinion hasn't really changed to this day.

I agree he is athletic and do some great high flying moves, but overall as an entertainer I find him really stale.

At Over the Limit, I was really disapointed with the match vs CM Punk. Rey could've joined the SES and start something fresh and interesting for Rey, but instead shaved the head of CM Punk. This has destroyed CM Punk's really entertaining heel status, absolutely demoralising his status, especially when the SES still hasn't reached it's maximum power yet. Rey Mysterio however continues to have the same stale act he has had to me for the past 8 years.

Is there anyone out there who also dislikes Rey Mysterio?
Lakersandi-Melbourne FC HBK Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2010, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheLegendKiller is on a distinguished road

Reys Alright I don't hate him but I don't love him I personally think for all the hype he gets he sucks but he's so small. But no your not the only one that hates him alot of my friends also do.
TheLegendKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2010, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

E Pluribus Omni is on a distinguished road

He is an excellent wrestler when he is in his SIZE category.

Rey should NEVER have been HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP.

His matches with smaller guys are not bad.

Cena... Cena sucks.
E Pluribus Omni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Russel Hantz is on a distinguished road

i agree Lakersandi-Melbourne FC HBK Fan
Russel Hantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Shawn Michaels? is on a distinguished road

Rey Mysterio is the best cruiserweight that i have ever seen

i respect the master of the 619
Shawn Michaels? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

romo is on a distinguished road

no i think he sucks.so your not the only one
romo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

richard is on a distinguished road

did you see how many bumps he took, he sold really well!
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWE Wannabe. is on a distinguished road

I agree with you. As I personally do not dislike the man personally, and I respect him for everything he has done in professional wrestling, but personally I think he has lost a lot of his in-ring skills and abilities over the years, as he has also gained a very small amount of weight over the years as well, but that isn't why I dislike him in the ring as a professional wrestler.

I personally dislike the man himself in the ring mainly because of the fact he has basically lost it (if you know what I mean), as he has gone from the high flying underdog to just the underdog (if you know what I mean.

I am sorry for sounding confusing here to anyone, but with all due to respect, I am getting very bored with Rey Mysterio participating as a face, but after all those years with Rey Mysterio as a face in the WWE, I will just have to respect him as a face, as the world may never get the chance to see Rey Mysterio compete as a heel ever again in professional wrestling, or at least the WWE...

Like I had said before, I respect everything the man does and risks in the ring just to entertain us fans, and I agree that Rey Mysterio is very athletic and a very good professional wrestler for his size, but his gimmick is indeed getting old and his mic skills do not really affect me too much but I will admit that his gimmick and his matches are becoming very stale...

About the most recent WWE Pay-Per-View, Over the Limit, I was personally frustrated to see Rey Mysterio defeat C.M. Punk, as the WWE could for once (with all due to respect) make an interesting/entertaining storyline with Rey Mysterio joining the Straight Edge Society, but unfortunately the WWE once again made the wrong decision in my opinion by making Rey Mysterio shave C.M. Punk's head, which ruined his heel status in some ways if you asked me...

What I am mainly trying to say/point out is that I do not hate Rey Mysterio personally, but I strongly dislike his in-ring personality, along with his gimmick, along with his matches becoming so-called stale, and I am saying what I said with all due to respect.
WWE Wannabe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

# 1 dallas peep is on a distinguished road

no i dont all the kids suck up to him all the time even after he got suspended for roids and his gimmick is almost as boring as cenas.and people want him to hold the world title again he wont because wwe cant think of nothing new to do with him.and it pisses me off how he is always threatening to quit the wwe just to get a push.
# 1 dallas peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Shane? is on a distinguished road

I agree. I'm not saying I hate him, because I obviously don't know him personally, but his gimmick has been stale for some time now and last night on Smackdown, he was just dominated by Taker. I would have much preferred seeing Punk win at Over The Limit, it's time the WWE Creative done something different with Mysterio.

He should be competing with guys like Evan Bourne and Chavo Guerrero, I wouldn't say he's main event material. I'm glad Taker got a World Championship shot instead of Rey.

He is one of the main reasons WWE need to bring back the Cruiserweight Championship, it's a bit ironic that he is one of the lightest and smallest wrestlers in WWE today, but he is competing for the Heavyweight Championship. Bring back the Cruiserweight Title.
Shane? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2010, 12:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

The man 619 is on a distinguished road

Rey Mysterio is the best
The man 619 is offline   Reply With Quote