ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Remember Midsouth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2002, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future
Default Remember Midsouth?

Anyone remember the great years of the Midsouth wrestling?
God I miss those days so much.So many great legends came from there,and Jim Cornette has to be the best heel manager of all time.Thats my fave era of wrestling,it brings back so many memories.Seems like these days people have forgotten all about how great those years were.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2002, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

Dear lord there is another mid south fan out there!!

I know, so many people forget about the old days or have on clue what it's about.

Randy Savage vs Jerry Lawler

Jerry Lawler vs andy kaufman

randy savage vs lanny poffo in an empty arena

koko b ware vs bill dundee in one of the first ever scaffle matches and of course jimmy hart with mad dog vachon and the original worlds strongest man gimmick holding back a car that vince copied for mark henry

ahhh....those were the days
Old 16 Nov 2002, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

WOW,It's so great that someone else remembers how grest it was back then!To me those were the best years of wrestling.Remember the great tag teams? Man I loved The Midnight Express!Remember the awsome fueds between Flair and Rhodes? I'm a big Junk Yard Dog fan! God I miss those days! There was just something special about that time in wrestling history. It's sad to think how it's been overlooked and forgotten about. Most people think Vince made wrestling,but I remember Jim Cornette was a house hold name before alot of people even knew who Vince was.They use to have alot of shows here in NC back then,my father went to alot of the shows (he did'nt take me to many )He seen all the greats.Hogan,Andre,JYD,Flair,Phodes,Koko,Jimmy Hart and tons of others.I remember being lucky enough to see Shwn Michaels when he first started out!

Old 16 Nov 2002, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

yes!!! the midnight express was one of my favs

both lane and eaton and eaton and condrey

the days of koko vs cornette and the fabulos ones

stan lane and steve keirn

oh god those were the days and I sooooo miss them
Old 16 Nov 2002, 11:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

Flair vs Rhodes was classic. Another one I liked was Flair vs Kerry Von Erich. Those were some classic matches.

Anytime Cornette was involved I knew I was in for something special. Some great matches and feds, and it sucks Vince had to have a monopoly.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOODICE
Flair vs Rhodes was classic. Another one I liked was Flair vs Kerry Von Erich. Those were some classic matches.

Anytime Cornette was involved I knew I was in for something special. Some great matches and feds, and it sucks Vince had to have a monopoly.
I agree,it's such a shame that Vince had to eat everything up untill there was nothing left.
By the way I have some Midsouth sites saved,if ya want I can send them to you.Just pm me your email address.It's a shame though that some of the guys have went back down to small giggs again.

Old 17 Nov 2002, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

yes it is sad. There is so much talent out ther especially down south. But thank god for the older tapes to remind me of what the wrestling world used to offer.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOODICE
yes it is sad. There is so much talent out ther especially down south. But thank god for the older tapes to remind me of what the wrestling world used to offer.
AMEN! Ant that the truth!!!!