ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Besides Starrcade or The Great American Bash, which was your favorite WCW PPV?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2010, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is on a distinguished road
Default Besides Starrcade or The Great American Bash, which was your favorite WCW PPV?

DeeJay...Clash of the Champions was a free show on TBS, it wasn't a PPV.

BCM, Lethal Lottery Battlebowl was a one night makeshift tag team like you said. If they won their match, they made it to the Battlebowl battle royal, where there were two rings next to each other...and you had to throw your opponent from 1 ring where all the wrestlers were, into the second ring which was empty. The man who survived the first ring, waited until the second ring was cleared, by throwing your opponent over the top to the floor. The survivors of the first and second ring, then went one on one, and you had to throw your opponent over the top..last man standing wins.
THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

PRINCE OF TROLLS is on a distinguished road

lol your display pic looks like the moon blocking the sun in an eclipse!! But i wud say haloween havic was great!! VAMPIRO!!!
PRINCE OF TROLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

DeeJayManiac 3.8 is on a distinguished road

I always liked Clash Of The Champions, I think that show / PPV had some great classic matches dating back from NWA to the late 90's WCW in producing some great PPVs and moments in WCW history like Flair / Sting from the 1st one, Steamboat / Flair from VI and that classic I Quit match between Ric Flair and Terry Funk
DeeJayManiac 3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

Superbrawl with the main event of Flair vs Fujinami over the World Title. It was WCW vs New Japan cross promoted PPV....the undercard had Brian Pillman vs Jushin Lyger and the announcers were Jesse Ventura and JR.
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Loni B: 9th wonder of the world is on a distinguished road

I liked Bash at the Beach. That was my favorite.
Loni B: 9th wonder of the world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
BCM
Fresh Noob

BCM is on a distinguished road

I have a few:

World War III because of the 3 ring battle royal concept, where they would also have 3 announce teams calling the match, with each ring of guys having their own announce team. Some have called this a 'clusterf*ck', but I never thought so and always enjoyed it

BattleBowl Lethal Lottery. I believe this took place at the Great American Bash PPV's, where a makeshift tag team for one night only would team up in a tag team tournament untill the reached the finals, there the two members of the tag team go one on one in a singles match to determine who would win the Battlebowl ring/trophy. In 1996, this was called the 'Lord of the Ring', which was won by DDP

Halloween Havoc. Always liked the Halloween theme to this PPV, where in the earlier years the announcers would actually wear costumes

For a late 90s WCW PPV only, I really did enjoy the two Souled Outs from 1997 and '98. '97 was especially cool because they went with a unique NWO format, almost like their Saturday Night takeover, whereas in 1998 Souled Out became just a generic PPV without the NWO features of the '97 one. Still a solid PPV though

For a very short lived WCW PPV, I also enjoyed Mayhem 1999. I was a fan of the WCW World title tournament going on at the time, and loved the fact Benoit and Hart made it to the finals as two babyfaces who respected each other who had to duke it out for the strap, which Bret won. On a sidenote, I never agreed with the decision of Bret being a heel in WCW, and did not like the fact they had him join NWO 2000 about two months after this epic match with Benoit at this PPV

Edit: Oh ok. What am I thinking about then? Did anything like I described ever happen in WCW? I could of sworn they had some type of concept where two guys would team for the night and make it to the finals, then square off in a singles match
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote