ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are your thoughts on the Bryan Danielson angle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2010, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

d?sco never d?ed is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughts on the Bryan Danielson angle?

Personally, I think that the comments that he made on NXT should have shaken the WWE to very foundation.

Do you think that they will begin to promote a man's abilities instead of it always being a place for larger men?

Is Bryan Danielson going to be the man who starts a new era in the WWE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCVLt1GrEU
d?sco never d?ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

bfsatgolf is on a distinguished road

i think he is a nerd and cant fight but i do respect him for last night
bfsatgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

chaos is on a distinguished road

I thought it was funny. Some funny parts imo:

1) It seems like WWE is actually paying attention to the internet opinion. They basically had Bryan said everything rumors site and people on the internet say.

- Vince has his mouth in Michael Cole's year - Check

- Vince like big men - Check

- Backstage Politics - Check

- Bryan Danielson is the best wrestler in the world - Check

They also satisfy the internet portion, which a lot didn't like Michael Cole. How do they satisfy us? They have one of our favorite wrestlers attack him. It was also funny when Danielson INTENSELY called Michael Cole a....... PARROT
chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Big Ran: Hollywood Heel Edition is on a distinguished road

Now, by now everyone on here knows I am very pro TNA, and blast WWE every chance I get b/c they're product just doesn't appeal to me. I find it retardedly redundant (that means repetitive, as in over and over again w/t the same angles, fueds ect.) HOWEVER, I love this angle w/t brian danielson (or is it still daniel bryan?)

The whole thing has been set up masterfully. Danielson pointed out alot of things that are very real within WWE that the IWC has talked about for a long time such as the bullsh*t politics, vinces love for big men, micheal cole being vince's annoying little puppet and so on. It shows you for a fact that WWE and TNA really do pay attention to what we say on the net. Don't be surprised if employees even come on Yahoo Answers to see what the IWC is saying.

The passion he said these things w/t made it seem very real. you could just feel the anger. And the confrontation w/t micheal cole was hard to tell if it was real or a work.

basically, the whole thing was a worked shoot, but you could have swore it was a full fledged, unscripted, very real shoot. You just don't see things like that anymore. It brought me back to better times in wrestling. The only thing that would have made it better is if danielson actually mentioned the companies (such as ROH) that he worked for by name.

That angle is better than everything WWE has had going on for literally years now, and that's the truth. It actually has me wanting to see more of they're product...Something I haven't felt since about 2003.

I'll end this answer by saying bravo WWE....This angle is impressive and you've done something I thought impossible....you've got my attention again.
Big Ran: Hollywood Heel Edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2010, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

I like this part of the Michael Cole--Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) storyline than anytihing else I've seen on WWE NXT. I'm enjoying this and want Ring of Honor Bryan Danielson, not Daniel Bryan. Everything he said is true and that is what has been wrong with the WWE.

WWE has pushed smaller wrestlers when they've been forced to. The steroid Trial in the early 1990's forced Vince to push Shawn Michaels and Bret the Hitman Hart because all of his larger wrestlers were heavy steroid users. If Vince McMahon is watching Ring of Honor Wrestling and Dragon Gate USA Wrestling then he may decide to move toward smaller and more skilled wrestlers. From talking about wrestling with some of the WWE Wrestlers in Phoenix at WWE Axxess, I know some of them do follow ROH and Dragon Gate.

No, I thik WWE is determined to build around Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan may be part of that.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote