ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How long has Teddy Long been the GM of smackdown and why has he been there so long?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2010, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

HBK_619_Fan (Thank You Shawn) is on a distinguished road
Default How long has Teddy Long been the GM of smackdown and why has he been there so long?

Is there any reason why he lasted this long something special about him or what?

Vince said he has been there for 10 years in total and dont nothing significant lol that was at the beginning of his probation. So he has been there longer then 4 years.
HBK_619_Fan (Thank You Shawn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tapout is on a distinguished road

His current run as GM of SmackDown! has only been for around two years cause Vickie fired Long, so Long became GM of ECW in mid 2008, if memory serves.
Old 17 May 2010, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bruh-Man ? is on a distinguished road

Because Teddy makes the best face GM that the crowd loves.
Bruh-Man ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

I think that there is just a general sense of if it isn't broke, don't fix it that applies to Teddy Long's tenure as GM.

I mean, there isn't anything particularly special or endearing about him, but at the same time there isn't really anything to really dislike about him either. I mean, he's just sort of...there. He is a pure story line prop, and he fulfils his role to a satisfactory degree, but I don't find that he really adds or detracts from the product in any way. I get the sense that anyone could perform his job. He isn't a great actor, but he's passable, you know what I mean?

Personally, I've always thought that the on-air GM position is much more naturally suited towards a heel character. It's always easier to cheer for and get behind a hero when they are forced to fight the odds, and that's hard to do when the authority figure of the show is on the hero's side. It isn't very conducive. However, there is a fine line. I mean, Vickie Guerrero isn't a good heel. She's just annoying. She makes me want to change the channel, not buy the next pay-per-view to watch her get her comeuppance.

I think that Teddy Long has lasted this long simply because they don't have anyone better or really different to take the job. Like you said, he's been there for a very long time, but I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

esmeg92 is on a distinguished road

i think he started around 2006 and why shouldn't he be there he's made some of the best matches in SD and while he was gone you have to admit some of the worst matches were made. so i'm happy that he is actually still in Smackdown
esmeg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RKO56 is on a distinguished road

teddy long for years as general manager raw guest hosts
RKO56 is offline   Reply With Quote