ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What is the best promo from WWE so far this year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2010, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best promo from WWE so far this year?

I say, this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYkPFXmnjM4

Due all respect, maybe that is the best promo ever. U can despise me for saying this, but that promo is a level above The Rock vs Stone Cold Wrestlemania X-7 'My Way' promo. And they also got the best Wrestlemania poster of all time:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...mania-26-2.jpg
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2010, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

Well, for me it's up in the air between two of them.

Alright, the first one was between Triple H and Shawn Michaels a few weeks prior to Wrestlemania 26. I searched for a link to it on youtube for a while but I wasn't able to find it, but I'm sure you'll remember it. It was Triple H coming out and telling Shawn how much he believed in him and how he was able to defeat The Undertaker. It was a really powerful piece, and it was that promo that made me sit back and think that just maybe Shawn really could be the one to end the streak. Triple H carried it, but Shawn contributed as well. It was a promo like that that really showcased just how good Triple H really is on the microphone and how he is, by far, the most talented person in the business when it comes to cutting a promo.

My second one, and this was almost as powerful and as moving as the aforementioned one, was between John Cena and Vince McMahon on RAW a few months back. It was right at Bret Hart had made his return to the WWE and Vince had torn a strip off him. Cena came out to confront McMahon, and the promo he cut was just awesome. In my opinion, it was the best work on the mic that Cena has ever produced, and considering how good he is, that's saying something. He was serious, he captivated the audience and it truly seemed like he was speaking from the heart. The way he talked, about the legends from the past that Vince had parted ways with on less than stellar terms, was some really moving stuff. Plus, I'm almost 100 percent sure that he went a little off-script with some of the things he said. It was just terrific, and I can't decide between this one and the Triple H one, both were so good and both were really, truly memorable. Cena and Triple H, the two of them are really in a class all their own on the mic.

Here's the link to the Cena promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEN7n7Je-zw

As for the best video package, no question, the Shawn Michaels/Undertaker one for Wrestlemania 26 was just spectacular. The song, I think it was called Running up that Hill by Placebo, fit the tone perfectly, you couldn't have asked for anything better. (Plus, I thought it was really classy of Shawn in his retirement speech to thank that Adam guy in Stamford who puts together all of the video packages for him. That was pretty neat to hear)
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote