ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is Pro Wrestling being considered as a entertainment by IWC when its a sport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2010, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Rocky W (TWA) is on a distinguished road
Default Why is Pro Wrestling being considered as a entertainment by IWC when its a sport?

Before answering i do have a request to all no rude comments i have just asked a question why is Pro Wrestling being considered as a entertainment by IWC when its a sport also please don't says Pro Wrestling is not real i am watching Pro Wrestling 2 decades yeah thats true and i dont think its fake its totally real and i love Wrestling but my question is that why IWC is trying to change Pro Wrestling from a sport into entertainment?

BQ: I have one more question and that is why in promotions like WWE,TNA e.t.c booking of matches happens i mean why they can't simply arrange the matches and let the real winner win the match so we can have our real proud winners and champions?
Rocky W (TWA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

acidBURN is on a distinguished road

Vince McMahon promotes his company, WWE, as entertainment. Rather than call them wrestlers Vince insists on calling them superstars. He purposely promotes the company in such a way to emphasize it as entertainment rather than sport. Also consider that the outcomes are pre-determined, unlike pretty much every activity that is considered sport. This has been a pretty consistent message in wrestling even before McMahon made the behemoth that is WWE

BQ: Again...it is entertainment. The wrestlers/superstars are there to tell a story. There is more going on than just the match itself, there are backstories to go along with the feuds. It is up to the creative writing team to determine who should win, and sometimes they take into account what the fans want...though often they don't. Many wanted HBK to win and not retire...but the creative team (as well as Shawn himself) decided against that.

When you think about it, It takes some serious creative ability, acting skills and athleticism to pull it all off.
acidBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Lomas is on a distinguished road

Im a huge fan of wrestling and I have to say it is a bit of both... If Curling is a sport why isn't this?

I agree.

BQ; Because if they don't book their matches they may get hurt..? And it won't be entertaining.. it is called WWE - E stands for Entertainment..
Lomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Van
Fresh Noob

Van is on a distinguished road

Difficult to answer this question, so I'd simply say that WWE stands for World-Wrestling- Entertainment.

I too believe that the wrestling is real (with a number of tiny tricks and special secrets), but most of the results and all the drama is scripted. I think they're turning it into entertainment so that the viewers understand that only the professional wrestlers can do this. In other words, they don't want to give a bad influence to the viewers. I remembered last week on television a few wrestlers told us not to do what they do and that it's really dangerous.

As a great WWE fan, I ask: Why do professional boxers with (boxing gloves) are always bruised and bleeding, while wrestlers use their bare hands boots (and other surrounding objects) yet don't get the same results?
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

jimmy is on a distinguished road

They (the WWE) want it to be considered entertainment for various reasons. Obviously there are elements of real sportsmanship to it, but it is not really a form of competition, as it is all fixed and worked out in advance. Given the episodic nature of WWE and TNA it is more fitting to talk about them as entertainment than as a sport. Yes their is some very physical stuff done by the performers but it is hardly a real competitive sport like MMA or Boxing.
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Chili McFreeze is on a distinguished road

It's because WWE calls what it does entertainment.
Chili McFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote