ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

In the long run, do you feel like Shawn Michaels was the true winner of Streak vs Career at...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2010, 04:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road
Default In the long run, do you feel like Shawn Michaels was the true winner of Streak vs Career at...

...Wrestlemania XXVI? U know, kinda like Bret vs Austin at WM XIII. Bret won the match, but in the long run it was Austin who won the match.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster ever

No. I feel The Undertaker was the rightful winner.
Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

doctor of thugonomics cena fan is on a distinguished road

Yes Of Course! Heartbreak Kid 4 EVER
doctor of thugonomics cena fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Greatest Performer Ever HBK is on a distinguished road

Well the only difference is, is that was what made Austin and the way he lost.See he didn't tap, instead he passed out due to the pain.In this case i think Taker was the one who gained something.He beat Mr.Wrestlemania 2 years in a row.That means alot to Taker, i'm sure it does.In the long run we the fans won.Two great matches, two great feuds.What more could we have asked for.
Greatest Performer Ever HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stew-O is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean and I understand why. HBK is a great performer, worked his ass off most of his wrestling career for the WWE, and what a way for his career to come to an end due to losing a match to one of WWE's most popular/legendary wrestlers, The Undertaker. It is defiantly a good way to end such a legendary career but I think that this was more beneficial to The Undertaker. Well The Undertaker did win the match, which is not that important in terms of this question, I just first off wanted to get that out in the open. I think when people look back at that moment that Taker won they will see that as being better for Taker. Sure losing to The Undertaker is a honorable way of ending a career but that does not mean that it will be better for HBK in the long run. I think people will be more impressed with the Undertaker, this is the second time Taker beat HBK at Mania so people will most likely be like Wow, Taker defeated that legendary wrestler, HBK two times at the biggest event in the WWE, probably not those exact words but in that field. It would be a lot more beneficial in the long run for Taker if he keeps his Wrestlemania streak.

Let's say I was to compare this situation to a similar one like Ric Flair ending his career by losing to HBK at Mania. That is different because that is better for Ric Flair in the long run. Ric Flair ended his legendary career in his late fifties by getting defeated by a wrestler who is looked as WWE's best performer ever, that is not bad for a man in his late fifties. All that HBK had to gain in that situation is a victory over a man in his late fifties. Even though Ric is my favorite wrestler of all time and holds the record for most world titles, Ric was nothing compared to what he was 20 years ago. I will use a boxing example this time, Rocky Marciano defeated Joe Louis who is one of the best boxers of all time in my opinion. But this match was towards the end of Joe Louis' career and he was no defiantly not in as good shape as he was in his heyday, boxing is a lot different in wrestling because an older boxer would most likely fight worse then an older wrestler would wrestle. This is looked at one of Rocky's biggest fights but it was really nothing and he is looked as one of the best boxers ever because he went undefeated, in actuality he didn't face that many good boxers in their prime so he defiantly isn't one of the best ever. In actuality, Joe Louis should have been the winner in the long run because he went up Rocky Marciano, who was a great boxer of the newer generation, and that took courage. The point that I'm trying to get at by comparing Joe Louis vs Rocky is that a lot of times it is the fans' choice who wins in the long run.

But I will think that Taker will win in the long run. It is a good thought that HBK might, but it is more logical for The Undertaker because that was such a major win for him.
Stew-O is offline   Reply With Quote