ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Should WWE bring back the Attitude Era, first they would have to have Cena lose the championship?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2010, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

LatrellP23 is on a distinguished road
Default Should WWE bring back the Attitude Era, first they would have to have Cena lose the championship?

Should WWE bring back the Attitude Era, first they would have to have Cena lose the championship?
LatrellP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Rookerman is on a distinguished road

No, becuase that era sucked.
Rookerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Daffney is on a distinguished road

Should they? Yes will they? No cause Vince Mcmahon makes to much money off of John Cena and Hornswoggle so for every adult fan he loses he gains 3 kid fans.
Daffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Nick is on a distinguished road

all i hear is people complaining they want the attitude era, lemme break it to you, wrestling in general has always been pg, back in the early to mid 90s, entire 80s and 70s and so forth was all a pg product, they never cussed or stuck the middle finger, there were no half naked girls but wrestling was great back then, it's allright now also, you don't need vulgarity or sex to sell a good wrestling show, you need stars with charisma and in ring ability, for all the people hating on cena, he isn't that bad a wrestler, he's way better then previoius top stars like hogan, warrior, andre, what wwe needs is more wrestlers with star quality, you dont need to be attitude for it to be good, seriously
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Jerry94 is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling the attitude era is done. They just banned chair shots to the head, which is a clear indication that they are looking at safety and health now. I wouldn't mind seeing Batista break Cenas neck again and take the title. Hell even give it to goldust, I don't care. Just not Cena anymore.

To the idiot above who said the attitude era sucked. Stone Cold, The Rock, Mankind, Masked Kane, Hardys, Edge Christian....Anything goes... either you're a complete idiot, or you're about 13 yrs old. I'm fine with today's product, but to say that time sucked, is just completely unintelligent.
Jerry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Chaos (Thank You Shawn) is on a distinguished road

No. Like Vince said, attitude era doesn't work in modern day. Sure, some fans might be happy to see blood and shit but it just doesn't work. You can tell by how WWE is going and how TNA is doing

TNA = Trying to bring back attitude era, can't even get a above 1.0 anymore

WWE = PG era, doing excellent. Getting above 3.2 weekly (For Raw). Getting above 2.0 weekly (For Smackdown) and NXT is typing TNA weekly. Let's not forget about their successful Wrestlemania in which they had the all time attendance record for that stadium and the highest grossing event in a stadium ever.

As for Cena losing his championship, I REALLY WANT HIM TO LOSE IT. They should have let Batista win it. Watch, now Cena is going to be the 20 time champion. Batista was having a good title run but Cena of course had to ruin it. This is how I think WWE should take the title of Cena. Have Edge come over to Raw in the WWE draft then take the title from Cena. Have Edge turn heel and their we go. TNA is gonna be finished since Edge was the highest rated champion of all time. If that isn't good enough, John Cena also won't have any champions to hold ;D
Chaos (Thank You Shawn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

itusedtobethebest is on a distinguished road
Jerkit Re: Should WWE bring back the Attitude Era, first they would have to have Cena lose the championship

first of all, for you guys hoping for the attitude era you should read what's on this link:

Why The Attitude Era Will Never Return | Bleacher Report

what I want is to bring back the hardcoreness when deemed necessary, not over-used, but a little bit of personal fight in the form of a hardcore match is ALWAYS good. Not every fight should be the dirty attitude era type, but not all matches should be as boring as they are now, it's not blood that I really want, what I want is that feeling of excited hard sense of justice or plain evil tricks and the drama of personal fights gone so bad it feels so good, the personal rivalry from words to dirty words turning to the best matches, why? because the wrestlers fight for themselves. I say let them script a little bit to prepare for the drama of a major event, then make it an all personal match.

This PG stuff is ridiculous. Kids should be playing outside with their friends or fighting their battles with the bullies or preparing themselves to the sterotype they want to be in highschool.

by the way, quality don't always mean you get the specific rating, and TNA is improving

Last edited by itusedtobethebest; 27 Oct 2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: add
itusedtobethebest is offline   Reply With Quote