ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you prefer the Tag Team and World Tag Team titles apart,or together?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2010, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE Wannabe David Bennett! is on a distinguished road
Default Do you prefer the Tag Team and World Tag Team titles apart,or together?

For example,do you prefer that WWE World Tag Team titles and the WWE Tag Team titles to be unified or separately won?
WWE Wannabe David Bennett! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

??? ???? ?? ??? ????? (TNATION) is on a distinguished road

It depends. They are unified because there is no teams to make two tag titles, but in the old days, I would have said seperate.
??? ???? ?? ??? ????? (TNATION) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

NickZombi is on a distinguished road

Well if WWE actually had more than 3 tag teams than they could have two titles. But now since they only have a few teams they are fine with just one. But they should really just make one set of titles instead of having the champions carry around two belts all the time.
NickZombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

the wrestling guru is on a distinguished road

apart it was a simpler time and it just looks like they have to many titles i know there tag team diversion is mediocre but come on you don't see the us and ic titles together so why in the blue hell do the tag team titles have to be
the wrestling guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

S.E.S is on a distinguished road

Unified cause the champs can be on both shows that in my opinion helps the tag team division by creating new team and/or having more/new feuds
S.E.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Bourne Hardy Crazy is on a distinguished road

Seperate but they need more tag teams to do that so I think they should just take one away and the tag team champs only carry one title.
Bourne Hardy Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

tony is on a distinguished road

It depends. They are unified because there is no teams to make two tag titles, but in the old days, I would have said seperate.

Another reason is both an appear on each show making for more matches.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Legalize is on a distinguished road

Separately, because unified they need main-eventers to hold it in order to appear in all brands. And sometimes, you need to refresh the main-event, and it's the same Cena vs Orton all the time. But separately also got they weak points, like they aren't many tag teams in the WWE, so sometimes they create one with main-eventers
Legalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

?Ms Candylicious aka Go Daddy? is on a distinguished road

I prefer the World Tag Team titles and the Tag Team titles to be seperate on both Raw and Smackdown so it can open up more opportunities for title changes.Having it unified makes it seem like wrestlers have to hold onto it longer.
?Ms Candylicious aka Go Daddy? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is on a distinguished road

I don't see why WWE should have seperate tag team titles if they barely even have a tag team division, and barely have any tag teams period.

The only legit tag teams in WWE right now are Cryme Tyme, and The Hart Dynasty. Those tag teams aren't even in the title picture.

Miz/Big Show and Morrison/R-Truth are just two teams thrown together with name wrestlers, those aren't actual tag teams. So I don't see why there should be seperate tag titles if there are actually only 2 tag teams in the WWE's tag team division..every other tag team they just throw them together, makeshift tag teams.

WWE doesn't take tag team wrestling serious, so having two sets of titles would not work for them. The tag titles should stay together for now, otherwise there will be only two tag teams in the tag division and each one got a set of belts...now how much sense would that make?

They should make one set of belts for the unified titles, if the titles are to be seperated again, then WWE needs to build up their tag division again and have at least 6 or 7 tag teams for there to actually be some competition in a tag division, if not, they should stay unified. No need for two sets of titles in the worst tag team division in all of wrestling.
THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

__Fuzalite__ is on a distinguished road

My personal view on the Tag Team Belts has changed over the years because I did prefer the belts to be separate when their was enough good Tag Teams to compete for them. But nowadays there is very few teams in the whole of the WWE that can contend for the titles, so I think it is better and I now like it more that the belts are unified because there just simply isn't enough competition to have two separate Tag Belts. All in all my view on it has changed simply because of the lack of teams WWE has in the company nowadays.

I didn't like the idea of having the belts unified at first, but then I came to realise their is a big advantage to having the belts together like this. And the advantage is that all the teams the company has will have to come together and contend at a much harder level of competition now because their are more teams trying to win the titles. This also could lead to future storylines and rivalries and generally better futures for contenders in the Tag Team Division, the reason being is because that they will mix with other stars who are at the same level in their career as them and can go on to have individual fueds with fellow tag team opposition as single performers and carry their single careers of in a very great way.

So all in all I think that having the belts changed to being unified had it's advantages which have turned out to be very good ones, and ones that will also benefit tag team division stars in the futures ahead of them. So my final view on this is that I am glad that the belts are now unified because they are doing much more good for the company and it's stars nowadays than they were doing when the belts were separate. I hope it carry's on this way because it is doing alot of good for the company itself.
__Fuzalite__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2010, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

24/7 [ Muta Scale] *TY* is on a distinguished road

Today I prefer together because there is barely a tag team division in wwe. Most of the tag teams are just last minute ideas. Plus the belts are defended on Raw and Smackdown which ain't bad.
24/7 [ Muta Scale] *TY* is offline   Reply With Quote