ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Are you sick of seeing Smackdown! misued?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

stuart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to stuart
Default Are you sick of seeing Smackdown! misued?

It is clear that WWE consider Smackdown! a less superior brand. How many weeks do we now see Smackdown! superstars on Raw, yes now and then Raw go to Smackdown! but it seems like every week a main eventer from Smackdown! is on Raw. Why did Jericho just go down to Raw just there? No reason. And The Undertaker was even there competing in a triple threat tag team match a month or so ago. When was the last time he had a match on Smackdown!?

Episodes of Smackdown! always seem rushed and last minute. They dont seem to have many superstars and the fact that the have THE VAULT?!?! on it taking up about 10 minutes is horrible. Then they always have 2 or 3 promos. Even when Raw has a 3 hour long show it can hardly fit promos in. Also, I mentioned a little amount of superstars and now Raw gets Yoshi Tatsu, William Regal AND Christian?! Smackdown have Big Zeke and probably Shelton Benj but you undertand what I'm saying?

Anyone else sick of this? What else shows Raw is cared about more and more effort put into? Do you disagree?
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster ever

The Undertaker's last match on SD was against Chris Jericho for your information. Vince can send his Superstars to any show he wants. You sure aren't in charge of the WWE. Stop b*tching about SD. They are the superior brand.
Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Behold The King! is on a distinguished road

Stop talking crap about SD.
Behold The King! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

khole12 is on a distinguished road

I have noticed this also. Raw is the darling child and Smackdown is the red-haired stepkid. Just like me. Smackdown has potential there-who's responsible for this miscarriage?
khole12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dhv303 is on a distinguished road

smackdown has gotten to be unwatchable. the wwe cares more about raw simply because it generates more money, more people watch on monday night and the tv contract from cable is much more lucrative from a network tv contract. people can get smackdown for free but raw is on a service that has to be paid for, so the money coming in from those shows arent even close. this is why the better talent has to go to the better contract because if ratings slip on USA network, or tnt, or spike tv, they will not offer anouther one of that kind of value or no contract at all. I totally agree with you. i would like to see the company become a shared brand again where any of the superstars can work either show. if the rumors of the wwe bringing back monday nitro to help take TNA out, we will see smack down and raw have shared talent and belts again because half of the belts now are WCW belts (World title, Tag team tittles, USA title,). and with tna goiing to go head to head with raw their going to protect the raw brand even more, smack down really has no compitition. (raw even has to compete with monday night football as well)
dhv303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Loves Natalie Portman

Tommy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Tommy

It seems like the first two answers didn't understand your question. They thought you were disrespecting SD!, but you're actually just talking about how the WWE is treating it.

SD! is my favorite WWE show, 2nd was ECW before cancellation. I don't watch RAW at all. I get enough of it on the RAW rebounds that are like 3-4 minutes in slow motion. The WWE keeps putting SD! main eventers and quickly rising stars to RAW. I remember a time where SD! only had King Booker as their World champion feuding with a mid carder at that time (Lashley). They even showed their feud more than once in the same episode. Thanks to ECW, SD! wasn't hurt that much, but ECW had to suffer. Now that ECW is gone, SD! will be hurt again. Once TNA starts catching up to RAW's ratings, the WWE will be forced to take some SD! stars over to RAW to add more star power to the RAW brand, but at the same time, they will be hurting SD!

It is annoying how RAW gets all the attention. I mean, The Straight Edge Society had a triple threat match there, for no reason. RAW is just the WWE's favorite show, and their flag ship show. It just sucks that they have to make it so obvious. It makes you wonder what the superstars themselves think about it. They might think they're being demoted if they move to SD! Like if the WWE is judging them by putting them in the 2nd show. To me SD! is the number one brand, and I watch it every week. I simply can't put up with the crap that RAW comes out with.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

WWE cycles back and forth between hyping up both shows, but Raw is often loaded down during Road to Wrestlemania as Raw has the most consistant viewership (SD! being syndicated to networks is subject to pre-emption and with the new USA deal Raw doesn't lose out to the Dog show anymore) so WWE knows every Raw will air in its proper timeslot, not to mention that Raw gets a replay on Universal HD Channel on Saturdays so with that level of consistancy its only logical to use Raw as the Flagship sailing into Mania... also for the most Part because Raw is older a lot of the Guys see Raw as a promotion so sustained appearances on SD! might be seen as a lack of confidence in their talent (a lot of errors can be hidden in taped shows)
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote