ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

WWE should keep the title on Y2J after Wrestlemania?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

J.J. is on a distinguished road
Default WWE should keep the title on Y2J after Wrestlemania?

Everyone is saying that Chris Jericho is just keeping the belt warm for Edge to win it from him at Wrestlemania.People are saying that Chris Jericho is just going to be a transitional champion going into Wrestlemania.98 percent of the fans are probably going to pick Edge to beat Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania.Some Chris Jericho fans are saying that they're NOT VERY EXCITED that Jericho is champion, because they know that he's gonna just turn around and drop the belt to Edge at Wrestlemania anyway.Please, don't let Chris Jericho have a MEANINGLESS title reign by just turning around and dropping the belt to Edge at Wrestlemania. If Chris Jericho loses the very first match in his feud with Edge at Wrestlemania, then the feud will be over before it even began. No one will take Chris Jericho seriously in any potential rematches that he may have against Edge post-Mania.Chris Jericho needs to prove once and for all that he's a prime time player by defeating a major opponent at Wrestlemania.Sometimes a heel needs to win the first match, so people will take that heel seriously. If Jericho just turns around and drops the WHC quickly to Edge in their first match at Wrestlemania, then people will start to think of Chris Jericho as a joke.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Richard L is on a distinguished road

I believe everyone is already assuming Edge will probably make his big comeback in style at Mania by winning the title as so many others have done before..HHH...Jerico...Cena...list goes on and on...but I hope Y2J keeps the title just to make things more interesting
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

XDeathX is on a distinguished road

I liked when Jericho was on raw with the WHC Title, but I think they decided Edge will win already.

After mania I know whoever wins the feud will go on still, both battling to get the title.
XDeathX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Brent is on a distinguished road

blow me
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
PWF Original

Mr. X is on a distinguished road

i totally agree with u.......jericho should be a champ for longer time. maybe if Edge wins title, jericho can win it back at Backlash
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Moshi Man is on a distinguished road

Edge will win
Moshi Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bald is Beautiful is on a distinguished road

i reckon jericho will retain at wm26 and than edge win the title from him at extreme rules 3 weeks later
Bald is Beautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Here lies the streak 17-1 R.I.P. is on a distinguished road

dude Y2J retired in 2008

i think you mean Chris Jericho

o and whear is the question
Here lies the streak 17-1 R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 05:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Samoan Roots  (Lone Wolf) is on a distinguished road

Yes.

I know the prestige of the World Titles are a lost art in the WWE, but this is a time for them to regain that. Chris Jericho as the World Heavyweight Champion should retain and have an instant classic with Edge to further his character and the prestige of the World Title. It would be great to see something different with the heel coming out on top at the biggest stage of the WWE. From that point on, I'm leaving it in the air. He should have a significant reign and make the World Title prestigious. If anything, Chris Jericho is the man to put a title on and make it seem very significant. He's done it with the Unified Tag Team Championships and the Intercontinental Championship. Jericho defeated Edge would give us a different look going out of Wrestlemania and it would make for great television to see their program progress more down the line.

Both CM Punk and Chris Jericho are head heels on the Smackdown brand. Chris Jericho can carry a show (or brand) on his shoulders just by his promos alone. He adds more with his wrestling ability. He's a great total package and someone that can help the World Title picture gain some more prestige and some type of respect. He would also make the World Title look more fresh. I don't mean to bash Undertaker, but his reign just seemed too bland. Chris Jericho is a full-time worker and is all about the business. He does deserve a worthy World Title reign since he really hasn't had that major reign. He's truly that prime time player, you speak of.

Does he NEED the win? No, but it would do him wonders, again. Keep in mind that he's usually putting other wrestlers over and if we were to break his record down, I'm sure he'll have more losses than wins. I will say, however, that you never say never. It's possible that the Money in the Bank winner can cash it in on the same night. How would this help? Well, Jericho would have his re-match clause, while Edge can feel a bit screwed, so it furthers the whole program. I'm just having wishful thinking, but yes, Chris Jericho SHOULD retain the World Title at Wrestlemania.
Samoan Roots  (Lone Wolf) is offline   Reply With Quote