ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

My thoughts on WWE NXT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

T-Bone is the ultimate HBK fan is on a distinguished road
Default My thoughts on WWE NXT?

Now at this time it is a little too hard to tell if it will be any good or not, but my overall review, pretty good. It was pretty much like ECW, only they had a good match. The Jericho vs. Danial Bryant match was pretty good especially with the fact that Jericho used the real Walls of Jericho on him so I give it a positive review.

What did you people think about it?
T-Bone is the ultimate HBK fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

.... is on a distinguished road

i loved it. it was a great show. in my opinion, it was way better than ecw!
.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Old English D is on a distinguished road

it was an excellent effort. 10x more enjoyable than any ecw episode.
Old English D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Stew is on a distinguished road

I thought it was great. It didn't have as much reality drama as I thought it would since it's partly a reality tv show. Hell, it was the same format as any other WWE show only that the rookies have pros and they spend a little more time developing their characters, but other than that it's all wrestling matches. I thought it was cool especially the last match Jericho vs Danielson even though it only got like 6 minutes it was still awesome and I love how WWE centered the show on Bryan Danielson and his mentor The Miz.

I liked the concept of the rookies being in tagteam matches with the pros it puts them over well when rookies face off against WWe pros like CM Punk and Christian. Overall I thought NXT was really good.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

PipeBOMB is on a distinguished road

i think the american dragon just proved hes gonna win right there i dont see a need for a show

all tho it is worth watching
PipeBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Everybody_s Got A Price $$$$ is on a distinguished road

I loved it will defiantly tune in every tuesday night
Everybody_s Got A Price $$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jorge C is on a distinguished road

I thought NXT was going to be like reality show and boring. But then again. NXT put on a great show. Like the The Miz piss off Danial Bryant in the began, a good tag team match, and Jericho vs Danial Bryant that was a awesome match. And I think NXT put on a better match. I hope they do it again next tuesday. If it doesn't get boring like ECW or Superstar. But well see.
Jorge C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

big daddy j is on a distinguished road

Personally, I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the fact that each mentor and their rookies are mostly the total opposite of each other. It gives an angle for each group. The matches seem to be pretty good, we get to see new styles and old collide. Bryan Danielson or Daniel Bryan is really good, he brings a whole new intensity that I haven't seen in awhile.
big daddy j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Samoan Roots  (Lone Wolf) is on a distinguished road

My thoughts? The first show did it's job in introducing as many of the rookies as they possible could. They did a good job on hyping each of the advertised wrestlers that performed. Due to all the hyping and advertising, it took away from the matches (the amount of time for each match). It seemed like they tried to rush too much into one show, so that the later shows can be more in-order and better.

Daniel Bryan opening the show was great. It added more to the controversy with Daniel Bryan and Miz. Daniel Bryan was above decent on the mic and managed to get over with some of the crowd. The Miz coming out and having an exchange with Daniel Bryan added more to their angle that will progress in the upcoming weeks. It's good that the WWE is putting effort on putting more of the spotlight on what's receiving the most attention.

There wasn't much to the Michael Tarver and Carlito vs. Christian and Heath Slater, wrestling wise. It did a good job on showing Heath Slater's character and a progression with Michael Tarver and Carlito (that can cause tension between Carlito and Michael Tarver). Darren Young and David Otungo didn't do much in their match, as it was basically a squash. David Otungo gets the interview/promo of the night award from me, I'm serious. Then we get the Main Event in Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho, who is the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion. It was a good match that was effective for the limited time they worked. This proved that Daniel Bryan is top-notch and worthy to be in the ring with someone as the current World Heavyweight Champion in Chris Jericho. He took a sick bump and still roughed it out, now that just shows so much about his qualities. It was nice that Daniel Bryan opened and closed the show, unfortunately, The Miz got the last word, which adds more fuel to the fire in their bonding.

Overall, it was an above decent show (nearly good). There was just too much cramming for time, but it still did a good job in doing what needed to be done.
Samoan Roots  (Lone Wolf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

mrdogg_s mommy is on a distinguished road

It was better than I thought it would be. Punk is useless as a mentor tho.
mrdogg_s mommy is offline   Reply With Quote