ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If they run the MIB PPV like the King of the Ring could it end up being a good show?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

deerhunter20068 is on a distinguished road
Default If they run the MIB PPV like the King of the Ring could it end up being a good show?

I mean during the height of King of the Ring there was a lot of guys that made their name by winning that tourney.People like Bret and Owen Hart,Stone Cold,HHH,Lesnar,and many others.That usually propelled them into the IC or World Title picture.They always made each match intriguing.WWE brought in new feuds and story lines from the King of the Ring.

So with that premise shouldn't the Money in the Bank ppv be just as good?

Wouldn't you say that most King of The Ring winners went into it mid carders.I mean Viscera won it once.So in that theory did it not bring the mid carder up to bigger things?
deerhunter20068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter82691 is on a distinguished road

In my personal opinion about the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, it was special because it was a chance for mid-carders to shine and have a role at the grandest stage of them all. And like King of the Ring, the winners eventually ended up becoming huge stars. Look at edge, Cm Punk, and RVD who have won world titles with the money in the bank. Its like the best push a wrestler could have. With this PPV, I will hate it because it will focus on the guys that are in the main event, leaving the mid-carder with no chance for a push. And the thing about King of the Ring is that they were one-on one matches, which made creating storylines easy, but for this PPV, I think everyone expect what we see at Wrestlemania each year. Just a bunch of mid-carders showing everyone what they can do. So it would probably create opportunity, but it wouldn't be as special as the one at Wrestlemania. Just watch. At that PPV, they will probably have like 2 Money in the Bank match for serperate brands. Then each one, similar to the Elimination Chamber match, would have like 3 mid-carder with the rest being main eventers. Bascially, the mid carder will have no chance for a good push.
sharpshooter82691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
PWF Original

Mr. X is on a distinguished road

I heard rumours that the Money in the Bank pay-per-view would feature qualifying matches throughout the show, with the winners advancing to the ?Money in the Bank? Ladder match later on during the show. In addition to this, the World Heavyweight and WWE Championships would be defended respectively.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote