ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

ROH: Rising Above.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2008, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default ROH: Rising Above.

Anyone see this?..(Truth..I'm banking on you here.) I thought it was a wonderful show. I loved the main event..Nigel and Aries fucked each other up. The tag scramble had wonderful spots. I love the fucking Briscoes..Okay..They can't promo for my ass..But my god their amazing in the ring. The 2 out of 3 falls with them was spectacular. Danielson/Morishima was a nice brawl..Sick blade job by Danielson.

Anyone see it?..Anyone?..Bueller?
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

One I haven't watched it yet, because I was out this weekend. I'm going to get tonight’s replay, and I'll leave my thoughts afterwards.

Aries is without a doubt the best wrestler in the company. He has mastered the art of putting on great match finishes. I bet him and Nigel tore the roof off the crowd when they was building to the finish, didn't they? I use to be apathetic on Aries, but since leaving TNA he has been the best in ROH, behind HHHero. Danielson is still awesome, and by far the most talented guy on the roster, but he hasn't been on Aries level since November. Outside if the Morishima series, it seems like Danielson is in a bit of a funk, he still put on great matches, but he seems off a bit.

Nigel is a guy I can "take or leave", I haven't been really feeling his lariat based offense; it comes off really fucking silly to me at times. I wish he would tone down on the Lariats, and get back to the pure style he used back when he was Pure Champion. His matches would benefit from it a lot. Danielson, Aries, and HHHero can still bring the potential he has out when they are in there with him. But when he's not wrestling those 3, he becomes this "Lariat throwing" douche bag. The rebound lariat is a goofy looking move, but I bet Aries made it make sense within the flow of the match. I'm willing to bet it was some unique counter wrestling in this match also.

Was it a classic or just really good, One?

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2008, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

it wasn't Man Up, but its on par with Undeniable, I'd say. something i dont think i'll forget in a long while is the way Nigel got busted open the hard way. Aries went for the heatseeker suicide dive to the BACK of Nigel while he was jawing with some fans, and Nigel just fell face forward into the guard rail. it gives me the willies just thinking about it

Last edited by Tri; 10 Mar 2008 at 03:52 PM.
Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2008, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

It was really..really good. Not quite 4 stars..But 3 4/5. After the spot Tri talked about..Nigel seemed ligetimately ( and rightfully so) fucked up. So the first 3 or 4 minutes come off a little weird with Nigel trying to shake off the cobwebs. But I mean..it was great from there. Nigel hit a sick lariat off the top rope that sent Aries sommersaulting to the outside. Aries hit a brainbuster on the outside on the guardrail. They pulled off some sick stuff for sure.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

I've heard about the heat seeker dive to the railing, it was really that brutal a spot?

I have too see this, if I order the 7:00 show, that means I'll have to miss the beginning of Raw, I think I might just have to do that. I don't want to download it, because I don't feel like watching on my laptop, I want too see on the Big screen.

Old 10 Mar 2008, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

Yeah..I'm surprised Nigel recovered. It was pretty damn brutal.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

in the day in age where Nick Mondo takes a fucking weedwhacker to the stomach, it may not be THAT brutal, but it just looks bad to me. Nigel went face first, the people in the front row just kept saying "god damn" or "holy shit" and looking stunned, and the gash over Nigels eye was apparent the second he hit. to me, Nigel seemed half out of it, half pissed. he had the kind of quiet, hands on hip "god fucking damn it..." type of attitude, i thought. Nigel is the man though. Wasn't that many lariats, the jawbreaker he did was one of the best ive seen in a while, and Aries sold it great. on a side note, the Horns of Aries really should be getting cattle mutilation type pops, that sub is great
Old 13 Mar 2008, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

OK Tri and One I just got finished watching the ppv, and I must say this was 10 times better than Undeniable.

Albright/Delirious: This match was pretty shitty; I don't care much for either guy. Albright is a guy that I see tons of potential in, but he is a little too robotic for my taste. He's the enforcer of H3, but he never really enforces shit. He's the Arn Anderson of the group, but he comes off more of a Mongo. Delirious, well he is just stale, I like the cat, but he hasn't really been that impressive in this feud with Hangmen, I see what they're trying to get across with the "red and black" gimmick, I know this means that this is supposed to be a more dangerous Delirious, but he's doing the same corny shit "Green and Black" Delirious was doing 2 years ago. Maybe they should just turn him heel, or pair him up with Hallo wicked and add "Incoherent" to the Faction wars.

BTW Adam Pearce is awesome.

The Scramble: V.Squad vs. AOTF VS Steenerico vs. Hangmen 3.

This was a really fun high speed clusterfuck. This was the kind of spotty mess I like, no story, no meaning, just a bunch of motherfuckas doing crazy shit. I think all the factions played their roles extremely well. VS, got over their spotty offense, AOTF was genius in creeping in and murdering people, The Hangmen was bullying everybody who came their way, and control the ring most of the time, Steenerico just showed that they don't give a fuck who it is, they're going to prove they're the best in ROH, when it comes to working as a unit. This is why they won, and this why they're indeed the best tag team in ROH bar none. These 2 should've had got the tag titles at Man UP, but it didn't happen. Right now, I think that itís too late for them to get it, they're both succesful in the single ranks right now, I think the tag totles might actually slow them, down right now, especially Steen.

HHHero vs. Claudio Castagnoli: This was the match I heard the most negative stuff about, but I don't see why. This was a very good match, and they both worked it perfectly. Hero was more aggressive than ever, and seemed to have Claudio's number most of the match, I loved the finished. That was a very cool counter from the crevice, in to the Riccola Bomb. This is my 3rd favorite match of the night, and really picked up the show in my opinion.

Davey Richards vs. Erick Stevens: Really didn't care for this match at all. I just got on the Stevens bandwagon, after watching Final Battle which happened the night after this ppv, I'm preparing to watch "Proving Grounds" and "Transform" to watch his matches with Aries (PG) and Danielson (TF). I've heard nothing but good things about those 2 matches, and after seen what Strong got out of the kid, I can imagine what Aries and Danielson will do with him. Had I watch this match 1st, it probably would've ruined me ever giving Stevens a fair chance.

Danielson vs. Morishima; this was the best 8 minutes in the history of wrestling, Morishima just murdered Dragon. He decided he didn't like Danielson life, so he made it his business to try to end it. The only thing I didn't like about this match was Danielson no selling the Backdrop driver, lariats, and the Ball stomps at the end.

Great fucking Brawl.

I fell asleep after the 1st fall of Briscoeís and NRC, Iím not saying it bored me. I'm about to watch it again, so I can give it a fair viewing. The 1st fall was really good, and I Remember I had told some moron at PW that NRC would take the 1st fall that night, which would lead to AOTF winning the tag titles the next night, and thatís exactly what happened.

Richards just sucks in my opinion, I liked his match with Marufuji at Final Battle, but I really don't like the kid at all.

The main event Austin fucking Aries vs. Nigel McGuiness: This match was um, not what I really expected. It went a different direction than I thought they would go. After the Heat Missile dive to Nigel, it seemed that Nigel was a little loopy, and the match was going to suffer. Then, boom! Out of nowhere these 2 went on to have an awesome match, I liked how they would hit moves and let the other guy recover. There is no doubt in my mind, a lot of that was done to improvise for Nigel. Who looked like he was minutes away from having a stroke. But it really added to the match. It was like they was bitching each other out a little, Aries would hit a nice strike and just let Nigel get up, Nigel would return the favor. Than the violence just keeps escalating, escalating. Than it hits 5th gear in a huge way. Nigel really balanced out the lariats very well in this match, and made them mean so much more than when he uses them in other matches. Nigel basically based this whole match around, Upper cuts, London Dungeon, Towers of London, a little mat wrestling and Lariats.

Aries was the aggressor and he had a counter for everything Nigel brought too him, he was on the offense most of the time. But when Nigel would get the control back in the match, he would do so in dominant fashion. He'd stop Aries offense out of now where and it would take a lot of out of Austin, like when he countered the 2nd heat missile, the drop kick in the corner, and the 450. All those counters really hurt Aries, and the eventually caused him the match.

The finish was just awesome, Austin hit that brain buster on the guard rail, and he smelled blood, but after not hitting the 450, and not being able to get the tap from "The Horns of Aries". The kid just seemed doomed, this lead to the most vicious and smartest use of the rebound lariat ever. Austin had counter the Rebound beautifully twice in the match already, but in the last segment, it came out of fucking nowhere, and Austin sold the fuck out of it. I mean not only was it stiff, but Austin added to it by landing on his head, like Morshima hit him with the back drop driver.

Awesome, awesome, match.

Great show.

Old 13 Mar 2008, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

i was saying how awesome ChooChoo was months ago, and how it would have been amazing if he woulda been the one to beat Shima, not only would it propel him up the ladder HUGE, but the whole surprise Aries-esque defeat of the bigger unstoppable champ woulda been awesome. that was the match that i actually saw people give a shit about ChooChoo.

sorry, I love ChooChoo for some reason
Old 13 Mar 2008, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Choo Choo was in a match that sucked balls, but that was more Davey fault than his, but he had a few "what the fuck" moments of his own.

Old 14 Mar 2008, 05:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Davey really does remind me of indy Benoit, more than Dragon ever could have. Davey just seems to pattern his "intensity" exactly like Benoit did. i try to like Davey, and sometimes i do, but more often than not, he just bores me. it doesn't help that he was put into the "no nonsense" NRC, since they are all pretty boring too. Romero does nothing for me, but i love Roddy, but he sure is bland. the only time he seems to have any emotion is when the crowd slowly chants his name (which kills me everytime, and i dont know why )

but ChooChoo and Roddy have some real chemistry from what i've seen, and i like them in the ring together. everything i've heard about Aries/Choo has been good, and i think he got one of the better matches out of Shima from someone not named Danielson. he's not perfect by any means and hes not in the upper echelon quite yet, but i feel hes on the cusp of it, and sooner rather than later, he'll be there. crowds just need to stop being indifferent to him people are slowly turning though