ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

ICP the Perfect tag team?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2007, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default ICP the Perfect tag team?

Quote:
Wrestling, ICP a perfect tag team?

Adam Graham / The Detroit News

Go to any wrestling event in Michigan, and as sure as someone's going to get body-slammed, you're going to see someone wearing either an Insane Clown Posse shirt or something baring the "Hatchet Man" logo of the Clowns' record label, Psychopathic Records.

But this is not strictly a Michigan phenomenon. ICP or Psychopathic gear can be spotted at just about any wrestling show in the nation, and on many televised wrestling shows, ICP are the beneficiaries of free advertising when cameras pick up on fans sporting their gear in the crowd.

The connection between ICP's fans -- they're called Juggalos -- and wrestling is no mere coincidence: Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope, who together make up the Insane Clown Posse, are lifelong wrestling fans and even run their own semi-regular wrestling league, JCW. The Clowns did stints with Extreme Championship Wrestling, World Championship Wrestling and the then-World Wrestling Federation in the late '90s, and even landed on the cover of WWF Magazine in December 1998.

Why is Juggalo culture so intertwined with wrestling culture? Violent J says it's because much like wrestling, the duo's music is full of loud, hyper-stylized, highly theatrical and over-the-top imagery, and fans of both wrestling and the ICP are accustomed to suspending their disbelief.

"I think it's because people want to live their fantasies," says J, while backstage at St. Andrew's Hall Tuesday during the record release party for ICP's latest album, "The Tempest." (The show featured a wrestling ring and several extreme-style JCW matches.)

"People want to go out there and boo the bad guy, cheer for the good guy -- they know it's not real, but they just want to go out there and vent," he says. "(Juggalos) are the same way. They want to believe we cut the heads off racist people. They know we don't, but they want to believe it -- for one night, anyway."

J's partner, Shaggy 2 Dope, says ICP and wrestling share a fan base because of each entity's outsider status. "It's the weirdos that come out to see wrestling. It's not the cool guy with all the chicks, he doesn't go to wrestling; same thing with an ICP show. It's not the cool guy with the hot babe, it's the average scrub, just like us."

J says entertainmentwise, wrestling is very close to what ICP does. He also says from the get-go, they have incorporated a lot of wrestling's showmanship into their music.

"It's just everything turned up to volume 10," he says, describing their wrestling-influenced aesthetic. "Even when we used to do our interviews back in the day, we used to do them like we were wrestlers: Just screaming."

He says though others often cite their forebears as Kiss and Alice Cooper, the Ultimate Warrior and the Road Warriors hit a lot closer to home.

Ali Hassan, a fan who attended Tuesday's show, piggybacks on what the Clowns said about their connection to wrestling.

"Their music just complements wrestling so well," said Hassan, 23, of Dearborn Heights. "They sing about death and destruction, which is what wrestling is all about. But everyone knows it's just fantasy."

As for WrestleMania 23, as much as they want to go, the guys plan on skipping the live event and watching it at home.

"We can go to a Pistons game and be fine, a Red Wings game and be fine," says J. "But at a wrestling event? No way."

At least they can count on the Juggalos being there in their absence.
It's true, watch for all the hatchet shirts and signs at Ford Field.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Watch for the many more DX shirts and signs.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Every Raw I watch I see a hatchetman sign, it's the way it is, like in TNA a couple years ago, except TNA unlike the WWE acknowledge the signs and got ICP to come in for shows.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like A Fox
Every Raw I watch I see a hatchetman sign, it's the way it is, like in TNA a couple years ago, except TNA unlike the WWE acknowledge the signs and got ICP to come in for shows.
...and I thank Vince McMahon every day for not signing the piece of shit that is ICP. They sucked. I'm sorry, but they did. I'm sure Vince sees the masses of signs it seems like you two are saying there are, and acknowledges them by not signing two shitty ass clowns to his shows. Leave that stuff to TNA to do.

Last edited by Spear; 29 Mar 2007 at 09:42 PM.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

fuck the clowns
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

A perfect tag team..For morons. Nuff said.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I wont say they were shitty, they were in the WWF for a year or something like that, but they weren't huge they were just average.

The War
Old 30 Mar 2007, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
I wont say they were shitty, they were in the WWF for a year or something like that, but they weren't huge they were just average.
They've toured the wrestling stage.

ECW...WWE...WCW...TNA.

Every time they've been shit. Fuck ICP.

Last edited by Spear; 30 Mar 2007 at 06:58 PM.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

The words ICP and "perfect" do not belong in the same sentence.

What's so perfect about a bunch of guys who dress as clowns and rap?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
The words ICP and "perfect" do not belong in the same sentence.

What's so perfect about a bunch of guys who dress as clowns and rap?
Rap badly at that.

Fucking disgrace to Detroit.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Together We Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Rap badly at that.

Fucking disgrace to Detroit.

Multi Millionaires wipping their asses with hundreds, other people love them, just like Tech N9ne, and who does Tech N9ne refer to a lot. ICP. people like them and they are huge in detriot.

The War
Old 31 Mar 2007, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Multi Millionaires wipping their asses with hundreds, other people love them, just like Tech N9ne, and who does Tech N9ne refer to a lot. ICP. people like them and they are huge in detriot.
I'll take other Detroiters such as Eminem, Kid Rock, hell even Rhino and Kevin fucking Nash over ICP.

ICP is a worthless piece of trash. Bunch of fucking morons who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing. I've heard their rapping. All I have to say is LMFAO. I've seen their wrestling. All I have to say is LMFAO.

I don't give a shit if they're millionaires. Britney Spears is a millionaire so.

Also, have you ever even been to Detroit? Eminem and Kid get tons more ass, and press, in D-Town than the fucking clowns. Sure, you see ICP shirts, but you see four times as many in Eminem shirts and Kid Rock shit than ICP gear. You walk up to any random Detroiter, ask them who Kid Rock or Eminem or some shit is, and unless they live in a fucking cave, they'll know exactly who your talking about. However, you ask them who ICP is, you'll get a helluva lot of "who?".

Fuck. The. Clowns.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 03:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I'll take other Detroiters such as Eminem, Kid Rock, hell even Rhino and Kevin fucking Nash over ICP.

ICP is a worthless piece of trash. Bunch of fucking morons who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing. I've heard their rapping. All I have to say is LMFAO. I've seen their wrestling. All I have to say is LMFAO.

I don't give a shit if they're millionaires. Britney Spears is a millionaire so.

Also, have you ever even been to Detroit? Eminem and Kid get tons more ass, and press, in D-Town than the fucking clowns. Sure, you see ICP shirts, but you see four times as many in Eminem shirts and Kid Rock shit than ICP gear. You walk up to any random Detroiter, ask them who Kid Rock or Eminem or some shit is, and unless they live in a fucking cave, they'll know exactly who your talking about. However, you ask them who ICP is, you'll get a helluva lot of "who?".

Fuck. The. Clowns.
Dude you act like people are forcing you to listen to ICP.....you know if people like you on message boards, religious groups and mainstream magazines didn't sit there and bitch about them they wouldn't be half as famous as they are right now. Oddities wouldn't of ever happened and neither would there wCw, TNA and ECW appearances...Everytime they do the Howard Stern show they constanly encourage people to hate on them, protest them and talk shit about them because all you are doing is adding fuel to there fire. The worst thing people like you Spear can do is just simply ignore them then they will go away.

BTW nobody wears Eminem gear they wear Shady Limited gear and as far as "Kid Rock" t-shirts I have seen Kid Rock in concert a few times and at his shows there were bearly anyone sporting his $35.00 shirts.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Dude you act like people are forcing you to listen to ICP
Who the fuck said I listen to thier sorry excuse of music? I gave it a try. Once. Like I've said on other threads, I used to be friends with quite a few juggalos. They ride ICP's dick about as hard as Reb ride's Axl Rose's dick, so I figured I'd give them a try. Listened to one of their songs. Couldn't get through 20 seconds of it.

Quote:
you know if people like you on message boards, religious groups and mainstream magazines didn't sit there and bitch about them they wouldn't be half as famous as they are right now. Oddities wouldn't of ever happened and neither would there wCw, TNA and ECW appearances...Everytime they do the Howard Stern show they constanly encourage people to hate on them, protest them and talk shit about them because all you are doing is adding fuel to there fire. The worst thing people like you Spear can do is just simply ignore them then they will go away.
So your basically saying the only reason they're famous is because they suck. Wow. That's EXACTLY what I want to be known for and get famous for. I want to suck so bad that people find profound joy in laughing at me. Meh, they are clowns. Maybe that's what they're going for.

Quote:
BTW nobody wears Eminem gear they wear Shady Limited gear
Slim Shady IS Eminem dumbass.

Quote:
and as far as "Kid Rock" t-shirts I have seen Kid Rock in concert a few times and at his shows there were bearly anyone sporting his $35.00 shirts.
Odd, because when I've seen him in concert, I've seen them all fucking over the place.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!

Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.Townduke is a god damn rich cunt.

Who?
Townduke is offline   Reply With Quote