ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Source: WSX Cancelled (again?)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2007, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK
Default Source: WSX Cancelled (again?)

An insider from MTV is claiming that the decision has been made by the network, to cancel the Wrestling Society X series, according to Dave Scherer. The move is believed to have been made earlier today, and was done due to the drop in ratings since its first week.

It is unknown if the six remaining episodes will air on MTV or not. Scherer adds that it's already been stated that the series will be pulled immediately.

Though apparently pulled by MTV, Big Vision Entertainment retains the rights to the promotion, so it is possible that WSX could move the series to a different network or release DVDs, if they decide to continue.

As this news comes from a source from MTV, it is important to remember that at this moment, the network has not made any public indications that WSX is indeed canceled. The series is still listed on the MTV website to air this Tuesday at 10:30PM (Eastern), while clips of WSXtra are still posted as well.

We'll keep you updated when further developments are available.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=174728868

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2007, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I'll buy the DVD's if they come out. I honestly liked the show. If the people producing it knew what they were doing and the show had an hour..It would have been tons better. Oh well. I hear Turner's trying to get back into wrestling.
Old 04 Mar 2007, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
I'll buy the DVD's if they come out. I honestly liked the show. If the people producing it knew what they were doing and the show had an hour..It would have been tons better. Oh well. I hear Turner's trying to get back into wrestling.
i enjoyed it as well - i liked the midcard fast funky fresh high flying stuff most of all

btw, not 'officially' cancelled:

Quote:
The following statement was issued by Houston Curtis (CEO of Big Vision Entertainment) regarding the current status of "Wrestling Society X" on MTV:

First, I want to thank all of the wrestling fans and press for their support, not only over the past few, confusing, days, but since the debut of WSX on MTV.

Earlier today we spoke with executives at MTV and can now share with you the following.

MTV is making no statement in regards to canceling Wrestling Society X. However, WSX will be pulled off the Tuesday night lineup in order to strategize the best way to bring the show back to the network and to the fans.

Although the show has not been performing as well as the network had hoped in the Tuesday night lineup, we have been told that other MTV departments including MTV 2, MTV Online, MTV Mobile, and MTV Video-On-Demand are 100% behind Wrestling Society X. Additionally, the Creative and Development executives at MTV have commended us on the production of the show and are saddened by the lack of response due to scheduling mishaps and under-promotion.

Until details are released regarding when the next NEW episode of WSX will air, all four previous episodes will be available on WSX.MTV.COM along with their WSXtra counterparts. Furthermore, fans with MTV Video-On-Demand can watch both the regular episodes and WSXtras on their TVs.

From all of us here at Big Vision Entertainment, we thank you for your continuing support and look forward to bringing you more of the evolution of sports entertainment shortly!

Sincerely,
Houston Curtis
CEO
Big Vision Entertainment

-Quahog mayor Adam West
Old 04 Mar 2007, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

It's still being advertised on the Tuesday night lineup on their commercials.
Old 04 Mar 2007, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I don't see how a network can cancel 10% of their line-up like that.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

They should put it on opposite impact to give wrestling fans something interesting to watch.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
the last mark

hell, just following whether or not it will be on tv is entertaining

A source at MTV is claiming that Wrestling Society X will return to MTV next Tuesday, according to Mike Johnson. At this moment, the network plans to air at least one, with the possibility of two more episodes.

The future of Wrestling Society X on MTV still remains unclear. It is simply possible that MTV is using the unaired WSX shows because they have already paid for them, and just want to get use out of them. We will have further information for you, such as the official air time, when it becomes available.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=175209496

-Quahog mayor Adam West
Old 10 Mar 2007, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

Can they not make up their mind? Either cancel it or air it. I like the show, I want it to stay, but just make up ur minds mtv.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote