ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Wrestling Society X 'debut episode'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2007, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK
Default Wrestling Society X 'debut episode'

even before it's official debut

the pro's:

-guys not afraid to pull off all kinds of crazy stuff
-no boring midcard crap
-kind of colorful
-almost comical 'extreme' stuff

the con's:

-godawful announcers
-awful camera work (they recorded and produced the show - how can you miss showing the action and have the camera on the crowd/announcers?)
-there's a reason these guys aren't in wwe and even tna or ecw
-do they think we're taking the 'extreme' stuff literally?

-
details from first show

2 guys i dont know did a bunch of flips. it was quick and nonstop. sort of like how ecw early/midcard was like. i liked it

they had a 10 man battle royal type thing where it was semi-royal-rumbleish except a new guy came every 45 seconds and after all 10 ppl were introduced, 2 contracts were lowered from the ceiling - whoever got those two would go on to face off for the title on the first show next tuesday.

outside the ring were some tables, some tables with 'explosives', and some electrically charged stuff.

some guys beat up some other guys. justin credible was involved. sean waltman was involved and apparently is a heal. he won a contract and a spot in the title. some vampire guy was involved and i think he got one too - my dvr quit but i think he had it. new jack hit the ref with his guitar and then put him through a table. then he beat up some hick even after he was out and jumped off the stage through the table about 12 feet. there were some other guys - a few mexicans and - oh yeah, the hart guy - teddy i think. that guy's an ass. he wouldn't take a bump to save his life.

there were some fun moves you don't get to see in wwe like tornado ddt's and a pumphandle into a powerbomb and whatnot.

it was only 30 minutes.

-

if you don't mind sloppy but quick action packed wrestling, and can get past the awful announcers and bad camera work, this show is for you.

i liked it, and i definitely liked it more than wwecw.

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2007, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The camera work took away from the whole thing..Evans is and Sidel are in there busting ass and the camera is constantly going to his manager or a fan..Like wtf..Also..No need for the fat bald guy to give anymore 10 minute introductions. The explosions seemed very exaggerated..Almost to the point of fake. Overall the action was good,but the guys producing and writing this show have no clue what in the holy fuck they are doing.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
The camera work took away from the whole thing..Evans is and Sidel are in there busting ass and the camera is constantly going to his manager or a fan..Like wtf..Also..No need for the fat bald guy to give anymore 10 minute introductions. The explosions seemed very exaggerated..Almost to the point of fake. Overall the action was good,but the guys producing and writing this show have no clue what in the holy fuck they are doing.
Yep.

I watched the replay tonight, and some of the moves were sweet, but then the gimmicky shit was way too fuckin' gimmicky. It was awesome to see Vampiro again. I used to mark for him back in WCW.

Also, that WSX using WWF for the people that worked for Vince.

Quote:
Justin Credible: Former 11 time ECW and WWF Champion
I wonder if they can get in trouble for using the WWF acronym...
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

I'm watching it right now, and STICK it looks like WWF champion for credible...but its actually an E...the font is black in the corner (see the ecw text in the same paragraph) its weird
Old 28 Jan 2007, 05:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

i actually liked the moves set by Teddy Hart...how about that sunset flip he did to whathisface while 'Credible were holding him...that was sweet...Vampiro still looks to be in great shape...overall, the show is on Media Television therefore it already is a joke, however it was fun watching moves and stuffs that are different from WWE for a change...and this was probably the first time i actually watch a complete espisode of a show on Media Television in awhile...
Old 29 Jan 2007, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK

i totally dug teddy hart except in 5 minutes of watching him you can tell he's super arrogant i.e. vampiro runs in the ring and clotheslines everyone to 'clean house' and he turns around and teddys standing there like 'didn't hurt me!'

and then when he was eliminated and thru the table he got up like 'dam!' like 'didn't hurt me!'

-Quahog mayor Adam West
Old 31 Jan 2007, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Downloaded it. That was fucking sweet. I didn't find the camera stuff too anoying at times there were manager shots and crowd shots that weren't necessary but still not that bad. The overly stupid spots were kinda lame and with no build up and alot of no selling of what would normally be massive spots they lost a bit of their impact. The first match was fucking nuts though, I loved it. The high paced flipping around I can't get enough of that type of match. Wished it was longer.

The battle royale was chaotic it all seemed so rushed and slopped together but still ten billion times better than spending an hour watching WWE ECW. Good to hear WWE are taking an interest in it and its running against the ECW time slot in the US. Competition could help WWE ECW out. Unless WWE just buys all WSX's talent out.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2007, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I have mixed feelings about it. I like the whole atmosphere, like they are in some abandoned warehouse, the mat has duct tape on it, there are no ring aprons and the turnbuckle covers just pretty much look like towels duct taped to the corner. It had a very raw feel to it which I loved. The action, especially in the first match was amazing. The battle royal was ok, I wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't notice too much no-selling, but with all the jumpy camerawork, maybe I just missed it. The camerawork definately needs work. And the announcers were definately crap, but overall I was moderately impressed.

But why does everyone consider the post-Shawn Michaels DX the "Original" DX. I could swear that the Voodoo Kin Mafia said that they were members of the original DX, and they mentioned that 6-Pac was an original member of DX. To me, Shawn Michaels and Triple H were the original DX.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2007, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I watched some of it Tuesday night, and I'll say I'll be tuning back next week, I like it.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2007, 08:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
the last mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by what777
I watched some of it Tuesday night, and I'll say I'll be tuning back next week, I like it.
i dvr'ed it but i haven't put it on yet

-Quahog mayor Adam West
Old 06 Feb 2007, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

there was a good match with a couple good spots with two guys i forgot their names but one of them have a wannabe Torrie in his corner...yea that match was alright...i bet you since it is on Media Television you won't miss it because Media Television tends to play shows over and over and over and over and over again...