ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is every face deemed "overrated" to the iwc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

eric is on a distinguished road
Default Why is every face deemed "overrated" to the iwc?

Every other post on here is someone complaining about Reigns, DB, super cena, etc. and how "overrated" they are. What does overrated even mean?
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

AManNamedJobber is on a distinguished road

Overrated means when a superstar wins constantly and they cannot lose cleanly to other wrestlers

Prime Example, Super Cena!

Have you noticed how he wins almost every match and when he doesn't win there is always some wierd stipulation that doesn't make him lose. Such as Count out or DQ or some other bs crap wwe pulls out of there bum bum!
AManNamedJobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Chandler is on a distinguished road

Overrated is an overused term for someone. It seems like if someone wins a championship then they are over and burying someone. People complain that Bryan kept getting screwed out of the title. Then when he won it and beat Kane, they saying he is overrated and burying people. Overrated means that someone is getting too much credit then they actually deserve. Is Bryan overrated with the Yes chant? Maybe but I would not say he is horribley overrated like some people.
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

T R E Y is on a distinguished road

"Overrated" is a subjective term. Everyone has their own opinion on who is overrated and who isn't. To me, Dolph Ziggler is overrated. Not everyone thinks that, but I'm entitled to call him that.
T R E Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Undertaker nš1 Fan is on a distinguished road

Because most people have no idea how to run a global wrestling company like WWE and can't understand what is needed to do to make top stars.

First, they get behind the talents they like...if that star starts to have big success and begins to be pushed big time in order to be one of the top stars in the company, all the fun ends for some people. It's just stupid, and I can't really explain it, because I don't identify myself in this logic, so they name them overrated because they start to win a lot of matches and look strong to the audience.

This is completely dumb so you shouldn't really care a lot about those people. Those people are the ones that love Dolph Ziggler right now, but if he got a push to the WWE World Heavyweight Title and started to win against every top star and booked strong, would easily turn on him.

I'm a fan of Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler because I admire their talent, they are capable workers and fun characters to watch, and if anyone of them is in the main event scene being a top star, I will even be more happy for them because their hard work paid off and now I'm finally getting what I was wishing to see. I'm also a big fan of John Cena but he doesn't even fall to the list of wrestlers I mencioned before...he is not overrated, he is the face of the company, the guy that sells more merchandise and that brings more ratings so it's obvious that he will always look strong, he is the top superstar in the WWE, like Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin once were.

Overrated should be used for a wrestler that is in a higher position in the company than he should be, because he's not that much talented. Curtis Axel could be considered overrated when he was with Paul Heyman, because he wasn't that much of a good IC Champion and he didn't show any personality while holding the title.
Undertaker nš1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Jose is on a distinguished road

Yeah if Christian or Cesaro get a huge push there suddenly overrated and burying people
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Death1Today|Real Madrid ? is on a distinguished road

IWC=nerds virgins
Death1Today|Real Madrid ? is offline   Reply With Quote