ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Was WWE better when they had Jack Tunney as President compared to having egotistical heel...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Beer Man is on a distinguished road
Default Was WWE better when they had Jack Tunney as President compared to having egotistical heel...

...authority's like Stephanie & HHH? I liked how Tunney did not have a role where he dictated every single decision in WWF. I just dislike how the McMahon family is so involved now with WWE as complete heels. Afterall no one cares about Stephanie, she's not part of the talent so why can't she just stay behind the scene?
Beer Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

It was a different industry back then, so I don't know if 'better' is the word...

But I think the on screen 'Heel authority Figure" has been beaten to death, re-animated and Beaten again too many times to count since Montreal (and arguably before that when Bischoff was revealed as an nWo Member)

I would like to see a wholly Fictional off screen and Rarely seen 'Governing Body' to act as the in Universe authority... If you want an onscreen GM/executive ambassador/ COO what ever, you need a Person/People behind the Curtain who they answer to, if only to explain why they stop short of Firing their enemies or awarding Championships to their Allies etc

-- Best examples; Steph cited awarding Kane/Orton as options before they knew Bryan would miss; so 'Why Didn't they do that?" or Reigns 'snuck in' to the MitB Match: why didn't HHH just Pull him out again

The best answer to both would be a Championship Committee that they must ultimately answer to... as Heels claiming everything they do is "Best for Business" they need some one to Govern their actions

the analogy I used in another answer

The onscreen Heel needs to be Prince John, with a King Richard out there, who has left them in charge, But they still need to worry about answering too

I also think an off screen authority would help clarify at least a little where the Fourth wall Begins... because Too many people seem to be confused as to how much of 'the Authority" is HHH & Steph and How much is Paul and Stephanie Levesque

-- you can't tell me Wall Street isn't at least a little confused by the fact that two people who are in a Real Position in WWE's corporate offices are playing Characters in a position of authority
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

18 gibbs 20 is on a distinguished road

Whether on screen or not the McMahon's have always run the WWWF, WWF, WWE. First Vince's father, then Vince and now he and his daughter make every decision.
18 gibbs 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
jim
Jobber

jim is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with TJ. Its confusing how the authority doesnt just fire those they want to destroy. They don't want DB to be champ? Fire him. They want to dismantle the Shield? Fire them. The fact that they don't solve their problems that way, makes this lose credibility.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2015, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

IMBETTERTHANALLNEVERYSTARYIES is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Was WWE better when they had Jack Tunney as President compared to having egotistical heel...

Tunney Monsoon Ventura Hennan Graham bIlly superstar the
call them mega wrestlers wrestlers again ' . Call them women's finest wrestlers divas lol driamonds lol vixens and knocksouts really wow teee .
IMBETTERTHANALLNEVERYSTARYIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2015, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

IMBETTERTHANALLNEVERYSTARYIES is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Was WWE better when they had Jack Tunney as President compared to having egotistical heel...

29k or maybe 92k sinc3e 2k01 ad when i was a mod ....pw the otehr forum they are sck . fact. Yuriwas great
IMBETTERTHANALLNEVERYSTARYIES is offline   Reply With Quote