ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Summerslam custom match card what do you think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2014, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Straight Edge Savior is on a distinguished road
Default Summerslam custom match card what do you think?

Kickoff Match

Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Dam

1 WWE Tag Team Championship

(C)The Wyatt Family vs Goldust & Stardust

2 Divas Championship Submission Match

(C)Paige vs Natalya

3 U.S Championship

(C)Sheamus (Heel) vs Dolph Ziggler

4 Ladder Match For The Money In The Bank Briefcase

Mr. Money In The Bank Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

5 I.C Championship

(C)Bad News Barrett (Face) vs Cesaro

6 Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match #1 Contendership To The WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt vs John Cena vs Batista

7 No Holds Barred Match

Roman Reigns vs HHH

8 WWE World Heavyweight Championship

(C)Randy Orton (Face) vs Brock Lesnar
Straight Edge Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

eric is on a distinguished road

Interesting list. But what makes you think Orton and BnB will turn face?
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle Botches Internet is on a distinguished road

Kickoff Match

Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Dam

- For whatever reason, these two make the perfect car crash of a match together. RVD's gotten to where he doesn't work well with certain wrestlers, but I can't honestly say that his work against Del Rio has ever been bad. ADR's just a basic enough, strong enough midcard hand to make a pretty decent match up with Rob. Not terrible booking. It wont be a sleeper match or anything, but it wont be offensive.

1 WWE Tag Team Championship

(C)The Wyatt Family vs Goldust & Stardust

- A bit unimaginative, but it's about as good as you can do with the dwindling the division. I think Goldust likes working with Harper, because it seems when these teams have faced off in the past, those two do a brunt of the work against one another. Would be a good match, and probably WILL be a good match when Summerslam rolls around

2 Divas Championship Submission Match

(C)Paige vs Natalya

- Awesome match, that doesn't really need the submission caveat. Hopefully someone in the front office took notice to Nattie on NXT and gives these two ladies time to wrestle. Both could do with some capable competition, along with some exposure of their true in-ring talents.

3 U.S Championship

(C)Sheamus (Heel) vs Dolph Ziggler

- I don't know why Sheamus would be heel. If they were going to turn him, it would have been when he won the belt. With that being said, Sheamus has been doing some nex level big man stuff, and Ziggler's a good hand in the ring, so it would be entertaining.

4 Ladder Match For The Money In The Bank Briefcase

Mr. Money In The Bank Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

- I kind of hate these kinds of bouts, considering Ambrose would have had to go through 7-to-8 men to win the belt in a ladder match, only to face Rollins to defend the briefcase. The briefcase should never be up for contention outside of maybe if Ambrose got injured like Anderson once had. Would be a good match, but I'd prefer a cage to a ladder in this instance

5 I.C Championship

(C)Bad News Barrett (Face) vs Cesaro

- They might as well turn Barrett with the reaction he gets, but I don't think the gimmick would work if it was played up for face work. The match, as it has been, would be OK, but I'd feel as if Cesaro were kind of stalled if he were competing for the IC gold when Summerslam rolls around

6 Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match #1 Contendership To The WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt vs John Cena vs Batista

- Would be a good match for a handful of brawlers and Bryan. Batista could definitely benefit from a match like this if he comes back. The booking would have to be rationalized to me to fully buy this match happening, but it wouldn't be a terrible match.

7 No Holds Barred Match

Roman Reigns vs HHH

- Would be good, as long as H let Reigns dominate and be the beast he's supposed to be. I don't mind Trips getting the tactical mind game advantage and grabbing hold of some weapons at some point, but if this match isn't used to elevate Reigns...well, I guess it would just prove he could compete against the like of Triple H, which we already know he can, so it would be pointless.

8 WWE World Heavyweight Championship

(C)Randy Orton (Face) vs Brock Lesnar

- I've always wanted to see it happen, but I don't know if it would work NOW per se. Would be a brutal brawl of a match, though. I don't get Orton as face, though.

That's a fairly unoffensive night of wrestling. Outside of the main event, none of it feels big enough to be Summerslam, though...but it's not like the WWE's treated SS like one of the Big 4 in recent years either, though.
Candle Botches Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2014, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

De Los is on a distinguished road

I hate the main event, I would love to see orton vs lesnar in the ring because of their contrasting styles of wrestling. Lesnar and Orton are not the greatest at telling a stroy I think it would make for terrible build to the ppv.

I enjoy the rest of the card.
De Los is offline   Reply With Quote