ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are your thoughts about the current SummerSlam plan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Legenday Hart is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughts about the current SummerSlam plan?

The plans for the top of the card for this year's SummerSlam have reportedly been finalized in recent weeks. While obviously things can -- and usually do -- change a hundred times between now and then, especially in the case of a big show like SummerSlam, the company has apparently decided on the key directions they want to go for this year's big summer event.

Originally the plans called for a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the show, however with Bryan's neck injury and uncertain in-ring future, that idea is said to be off the table.

As things stand now, Lesnar will still challenge for the title upon returning, with the idea that Lesnar -- coming off ending Undertaker's streak -- going for the title will make the belt seem more important.

The most likely scenario for SummerSlam would be Lesnar challenging whomever wins the title at the 6/29 Money In The Bank pay-per-view. With that being the plan, it's expected that a top baby face -- likely John Cena or Roman Reigns -- ends up winning the title at the pay-per-view in two weeks.

There is a long shot that Cesaro could win the title, seeing is how there's been a long-standing plan for Lesnar and Cesaro -- the two "Paul Heyman Guys" -- to eventually collide with each other. While there haven't been any indications that the company plans on turning Cesaro into a face anytime soon, it is considered a possibility considering the built-in story line.
The Legenday Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

chad is on a distinguished road

i don't want cena to win the ladder match but i would love to see lesnar destroy cena to win the title at summerslam.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

DA BLACK GUY is on a distinguished road

not gonna happen...
DA BLACK GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Special Forces is on a distinguished road

i want to see lesnar vs roman reigns fought each other!
Special Forces is offline   Reply With Quote