ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does the championship belts have a curse on them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Joshua is on a distinguished road
Default Does the championship belts have a curse on them?

What I mean is that it seems that every time someone gets the belts or gets near the belts they start to become hated! Like CM punk during his 2 year and a half title run and when Daniel Bryan became champ at wrestlemania 30 and also john cena when he becomes champ and Batista he didn't win the belts but when he got close to them and it seemed like he would win them he started to become hated and now we have roman reigns who looks like he might win the belts and people are already hating him! That's why im thinking the belts probably have a curse on them! Should WWE just destroy them and try to make story lines some other way?
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

jamori is on a distinguished road

Some belts now are "cursed". Like the US and IC belts back in the day those belts(especially the IC) were the hardest belts to get. They also gave those belts to those who were ready for the next level status. Now if you're given the belt your career basically comes to a halt. Big E is a great example he was gaining momentum and a following as soon as he got the belt he did nothing. It's mainly creatives fault because they do nothing with the belts they don't put them in storylines or anything. Ambrose another example had the belt for a year barely defended it. So they have to do more things with the champions
jamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Peerage Sydney is on a distinguished road

Randy Orton too. He became less awesome...
Peerage Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Sophia is on a distinguished road

I think your crazy no one hates Daniel Bryan no one hate roman and curse there no curse when Christian won everyone liked hin
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Sam: The Ultimate Underdog is on a distinguished road

I think I heard about this. When you get a super push and then a shot at a world title, it's like you're on top of the world and I think that's why people start to hate. It's because you are on top of the food chain. I don't think there is a curse. I guess when a wrestler becomes more popular, their haters start to grow.
Sam: The Ultimate Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

jimmy is on a distinguished road

There is no such thing as curses.
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Stephen is on a distinguished road

It isn't the belts that have a problem it is the dissatisfied IWC.

They sang Daniel Bryans praises for months on end, they complained about women with no talent being put over talented female workers.

Fast forward and Daniel Bryan and Paige reach the top so instead of enjoying that the WWE are going in a fresher direction with the 2 and seeing potential the IWC start saying stuff like they haven't paid their dues and they are boring etc WTF?

If WWE suddenly give us a 3 year Cena or Orton reign or make Eva Marie divas champion then watch the IWC do a a complete U turn.

The IWC will never be satisfied and some just love to moan for the sake of it.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote