ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

So Here's What Happened: Oldertaker got hurt and decided to give Brock the win to save the match?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2014, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is on a distinguished road
Default So Here's What Happened: Oldertaker got hurt and decided to give Brock the win to save the match?

This backs up the believe that Oldertaker was supposed to win last night.

Oldertaker started the match looking out of breath, tired and dizzy.

I guess Oldertaker being a true professional, decided to have a quick discreet talk with Brock and the ref and change the ending of the match so that the people at the arena and watching at home don't end up empty handed.

The match was going a bit too long at the slow pace it was going, Brock hit Oldertaker with a third F-5 and that's it!

For those that have the WWE Network, how many times have you gone back to watch the reaction of Oldertaker getting pinned?

I've gone back to watch the crowd reaction about 7 times, with many more times to come.

@TACOMcCail: Oldertaker has 100% creative control of the WM streak, he picks when it ends and who ends it, and that what he did last night, he decided to call it a day.
I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2014, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

TACOMcCail is on a distinguished road

No. It was scripted. You don't just do something like that on the fly because you get injured. Austin still beat Owen Hart after he broke his neck. Triple H still finished the match after he tore is quad. Orton still finished the match after breaking his collar bone. If Taker truly could not finish the match as planned, he would have just told Brock that he had to tap to the Hell's gate.
TACOMcCail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2014, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Simply Phenomenal is on a distinguished road

The Undertaker is believe to possibly have sustained a concussion during the match, but that did not influence the outcome. If the Undertaker was schedule to win, he would have won, even with a concussion, the match would have just ended earlier than planned.

Brock Lesnar was scheduled to win from the beginning and he did.
Simply Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2014, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Irishfan is on a distinguished road

bad move by WWe
Irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2014, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Ferber is on a distinguished road

I don't think that The Undertaker just let Lesnar win because he was to old and out of shape to continue. The Undertaker may just be one of the toughest individuals I have seen in the ring and he's not just going to give up so easily.

At the end of the day The Undertaker knew each year after Wrestlemania injuries were getting worse and worse and he knew would have to end the streak before he spent the rest of hs life in a wheel chair.

Rather we like it or not Lesnar was the right person to beat the streak. People just wasn't expecting it or ready for the streak to end.

I've watched the Undertaker loose about 60 times right now. Same reaction from when I watched it live.
Ferber is offline   Reply With Quote