ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Professional Wrestling: People are saying my issues with Total Nonstop Action's Impact!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road
Default Professional Wrestling: People are saying my issues with Total Nonstop Action's Impact!...

...Wrestling aren't Justified? Problem with TNA #1: Editing/Cut Away for Commercials: Something gets started, suddenly Total Nonstop Action needs to go to commercials WTF? It always feels like a lot happens during commercials, yet they never recap anything. At least in WWE goes to commercial the action slows down and isn?t just starting up, and when they come back they recap what happened.

Problem with TNA #2: SPACE! Total Nonstop Action has always suffered with this, sorry; watching a match of ?Grab the back of the head pulling over here? or ?staggering over here to set up a spot because we don?t have enough room to move? breaks the atmosphere instantly. Not to mention watching Suicide Dives is ridiculous, The Guard Rail is what Two or Three Feet Max away from the ring? GIVE YOUR PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS SPACE TO MOVE!

Problems with TNA #3: Expecting people to pick up somebody just because you are putting them against a regular, this is a perfect example for Gunner Vs James Storm; what history did Total Nonstop Action give Gunner before tagging him with James Storm? How much Professional Wrestling Credibility does Gunner have? Not much, now you see my main issue.

Problem with TNA #4: Weapons, Gimmicks, Ect should be special; they should be either the end all be all or an event that makes people go ?Oh My God?. Not something your Professional Wrestling Promotion hangs onto for cheap pops and ?This is Awesome? Chants, seriously how many Trash Can Lids, Chairs, Tables, Ladders, Ect have we seen on Total Nonstop Action on a daily Basis now. There is only a few times before you start going * Yawn * TNA sure likes it?s Gimmicks.
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Logan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Logan

I've never really been a fan of TNA. Maybe for a little while, until it got old. I've always been more of a WWE person.

I've always liked the fact that WWE recaps what has happened over the commercial, and you can even watch it on the WWE free app!

As for gimmick matches, TNA does overuse it a bit. WWE lets fans choose special matches sometimes via the app so it's more of what the fans want to see.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Fair And Balanced is on a distinguished road

stories don't make sense. reason 3 actually is a good point. hey lets just do a random tag team cause well we want to do a split up in 5 weeks! it will get the new guy over for sure!!!!!
Fair And Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

You're complaining for the wrong reasons

s#1: Editing/Cut Away for Commercials:

-- this is the Writers/production, thinking 'old school'... with TNA as a 'free ride' at Universal Studios.. my guess is the match is booked with minimal 'commercial action' and then they do a 'Gilligan cut' where they come back to a wholly different scene

Problem with TNA #2: SPACE!

-- ' pulling over here... to set up a spot.' breaks the atmosphere instantly.

* EVERY company has those moments. how many times does WWE do a "top rope dive onto 3+ people" that you can see coming a Mile away because the 3 'catchers' all find excuses to be by the base of the ramp... and the 'Crazy guy' is still in the ring or otherwise left out

::: A lot of these set ups aren't predictable because of bad writing/limitations, we've just gotten so Genre Savvy

-- The Guard Rail is what Two or Three Feet Max away from the ring?

* A. You need you eyes checked, because clearly your depth perception is wonky

*B. I've been to plenty of Indy Shows with Low ceilings, 12ft rings and Fans within arms' length of the apron... Space isn't everything

#3: Expecting people to pick up somebody just because you are putting them against a regular

-- You mean like WWE pushing Drew McIntyre as Vince's Chosen one... or how about Batsita getting a hot-shot to the Gold because he's in a Marvel Movie This Summer... or Matt 'Fresh from Rehab on WWE's Dime' Hardy coming into ROH

#4: Weapons, Gimmicks, Ect should be special; TNA sure likes it?s Gimmicks.

-- good point... but with so many people having a Nostalgia Filter on in regards to ECW and how many Attitude Alumnus back stage one can hardly blame the tendency to pander

But in all things Moderation
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote