ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people prefer Adam Cole to Kyle O'Reilly?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2014, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Truth Teller is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people prefer Adam Cole to Kyle O'Reilly?

Kyle O'Reilly is by far the superior striker and superior grappler/submission wrestler.

@"Jim Crockett Promotions Fan" If I don't mistake Kevin Steen has held The ROH World Championship and The PWG World Championship at the same time.
The Truth Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ThAt KraZy LiBerTaRian KaNuck is on a distinguished road

I agree, Cole is better on the mic, but that's the only advantage. O'Reilly is a much better overall wrestler. So is his tag partner Bobby Fish for that matter
ThAt KraZy LiBerTaRian KaNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Xtremenator1 TCW is on a distinguished road

Well it's like the old comparisons between CM Punk and Bryan Danielson on the Indy scene. Bryan always slightly edged out Punk in terms of wrestling ability, and Punk edged him out with promos. So really, they cancelled each other out. I think the reason why people devalue Cole's wrestling ability is because he isn't nearly as flashy as everybody else in ROH.

Whereas everybody has around 10 moves which look like finishers, he only has two with the Brainbuster onto Knee and Florida Key. He went from being a high flyer, to after his WWE Tryout a more controlled technical style game. Although Kyle O'Reilly isn't on that level anyways. The debate would have been evener if it was Roderick Strong we were talking about.
Xtremenator1 TCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Adam Cole wins Championships. Name anyone else who has held The Ring of Honor World Championship and The Pro Wrestling Guerilla World Championship at the same time?
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

TheHonorMovement is on a distinguished road

Adam Cole is stuck in his heel persona in RoH. However, in PWG, both really shine with their wrestling and if we were going by exciting mix of pro wrestling, I would tip the scale at Adam Cole but the more technically sound, better seller and better striker has to be Kyle O'Reilly. They both have diverse movesets, Kyle's is more technical, more offense-based whereas Adam's does incorporate high-flying into his unique style of hybrid wrestling
TheHonorMovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle Botches Internet is on a distinguished road

I'm with ya, I always saw more upswing in the better half of Future Shock, that better half being O'Reilly. KO can talk as good as Cole in my opinion, and he wrestles a more intriguing and unique style than Cole does. I'm not saying Adam's a slouch, but he strikes me as dime-a-dozen, whereas O'Reilly reminds me of guys like Davey, Joe, and other former ROH stand outs who changed the game in-ring.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, put Trent Barretta, Adam Cole, and Curt Hawkins in the same gear and I'd have a hard time telling them apart based solely on looks and style in the ring, whereas KO works like a beast.

Plus...I hate the Florida Key.
Candle Botches Internet is offline   Reply With Quote