ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If Vince McMahon isn't racist, then exactly what is going on in the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2014, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Heeltista is on a distinguished road
Default If Vince McMahon isn't racist, then exactly what is going on in the WWE?

Black WWE Champions, you have the Rock, who is only half black and, obviously is a huge cash cow! Certainly many black performers are capable of winning that title, why are so many reduce to winning lesser championships, like the world title or mid-card championships, I'm not getting it!

Jim Ross has stated in an interview that Vince McMahon isn't a racist promoter, so what exactly is happening in WWE?

Dave, it shouldn't matter, that is the whole point, you can't seriously tell me there aren't former black WWE superstars who shouldn't of won the WWE Championship, come on, Booker T is better than the Miz, in my book, the world championship, the IC title is no conselation prize, don't know if I spelled that right, but hopefully you get my point!
Heeltista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road

Why does Race matter? That's what I want to know, Big E Langston is being pushed; Mark Henry is still a major focus.... Give me an example of an African American or other raced Professional Wrestler in World Wrestling Entertainment that is at the level to handle being WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Fair And Balanced: Different Time Period, lot of Professional Wrestling Promotions have done worse. Anything, Current and When?
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Fair And Balanced is on a distinguished road

have you seen Samba Simba? yeah but Tony Atlas was WWF tag champion and people knew who he was......

have you seen Kenzo Suzuki?

did you know they literally called Mark Henry a gorilla?

come on.
Fair And Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

michinoku2001 is on a distinguished road

Pro wrestling is kind of built on racism, is it not? The ethnic "heel" vs. all American white boy "face" was wrestling for fifty years. In comparison; yes, nowadays it's a lot less racist than it used to be.
michinoku2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Patrisha M is on a distinguished road

I don't think we don't see many black champions because the wrestling industry is racist. My guess is the majority of wrestling viewers are white people and black wrestlers have often been placed into or directly chose stereotypical black roles that often don't appeal to white people due to its stereotypical nature. I'm not trying to be racist, but I mean that black and white people often have different views on certain lifestyles and gimmicks. Some black people might be able to tolerate the roles because such stereotypes might be present in African American comedies and even to some people in their lives, but to the rest of the viewers, the gimmicks might be considered too racist to enjoy, resulting in their failure to get over. For example, (black) people that either are thugs or know about thuggish lifestyles might love Cryme Tyme, but other people not used to that lifestyle might think the gimmick is too stereotypical of black people and racist to enjoy, causing viewers not to enjoy it and thus not getting it over. Yet, somebody white like Stone Cold, who could be considered a redneck stereotype, could easily get over because more wrestling fans could relate to that more so than they can relate to Cryme Tyme. Even if many black people couldn't relate to Stone Cold, it wouldn't matter much because the ratio of black wrestling fans to white wrestling fans is too low to make a difference regarding his overall appeal. Because of this failure to get over, the black wrestlers often don't get enough of a huge fan base to win the big titles and represent the company. Therefore, I personally believe that if more black wrestlers had gimmicks where they weren't a walking stereotype and still talented in the ring and mic like, for example, The Rock, they would have a better chance at appealing to all types of fans and thus a better chance at winning the big gold.
Patrisha M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D12
Heavyweight

D12 is on a distinguished road

Patrisha killed this question
D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2014, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

The WWWF/WWF/WWE has more than 50 Years of Racism. Vince McMahon's Father only had 1 WWF Champion of Color and that was Pedro Morales who is of Puerto Rican Ancestry. At least I can say that Vince McMahon has had The Rock, Yokozuna, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio as WWWF/WWF/WWE Champions and Mark Henry, Booker T, The Great Khali, Rey Mysteiro as World HEavyweight Champion. I can name a lot of Good African American Wrestlers who never won The WWWF/WWF/WWE Championship and i can name a lot of Caucasian Wrestlers, Native American, Hispanic and Asican Wrestlers who would have made Good WWWF/WWF/WWE Wrestlers.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote