ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Pro Wrestling: Can you explain to me how WWE's RAW, Smackdown and Pay-Per Views been...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2014, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road
Default Pro Wrestling: Can you explain to me how WWE's RAW, Smackdown and Pay-Per Views been...

...Disappointing for the last 5 to 7 Years? Give me actual Examples, not just buzzwords;

Compared to What and When.
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

justin is on a distinguished road

First, it depends on how old you are. And how long you've been watching. Sometimes you compare stuff against you're memories, and in that case, it rarely trumps what you remember. Wrestling caters to a certain age group. Once your out of that age range, the chances that you'll like it go down. That's not to say you won't. Also, wrestling relies on storylines. It's hard to come up with new and exciting stories consistently. Or you might not like the ones their doing. As for the wrestlers themselves, it seems to be a lot of parody with them. But in the end, it's just your preference. There's some people out there that think the last 5-7 years have been the best ever. Personally for me, nothing will beat the attitude era. 92' to 02' was the best 10 year stretch. In my opinion.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Qeisan is on a distinguished road

Mainly because of 2 reasons:

Lack of A quality stars that could put a whole show on their backs - At the beginning there were barely wrestlers that could do that - just Triple H, Michaels John Cena & maybe Edge when he first bursted into the main event, when you had at the beginning of that decade 6 way main event that featured Rock, Austin, HHH, Foley, Taker & Angle. Not to mention Mid carders - Edge, Christian, Kane, Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit were mid-carders! Who was the lead mid-carder our era? Ray Mysterio? Kofi Kingston? Shelton Bnjamin? John Morrison? These are jokes.

2nd - The borad's think only about the financial benefit, and since WWE went PG - revenues got increased because more families came for events since it was more "friendly". No Stone Cold throwing his middle finger everywhere he wanted, No HHH demonstrates sex with a corpse, No wrestling moves that were called "FU". NO ATTITUDE.
Qeisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Patrick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Patrick

Because Vince is mostly watching from the back and letting Stephanie and HHH slowly take over in real life and staying out of most things. Yes I said real life.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Fair And Balanced is on a distinguished road

Oh I got the answer.....hey are you a movie fan? are you familiar with the film of Unbreakable featuring the greatest actor not named Morgan Freeman or Denzel? well basically its your typical origin story of a superhero but done in the present day. its a story of a comic book fanboy who they call Mr. Glass who believes that the comics are real. so thinking he is doing the right thing........he does many bad things such as sabotaging trains, planes, automobile causing accidents in the search for the one true superhero. well one day there is a huge mass transit accident and the only survivor is Bruce Willis. Mr. Glass goes to meet said person and try to explain to him that he is indeed THE ONE. he is indestructible the one that takes a beating of a life time and come back.....and it is his destiny to save the day.

Well in WWE over the past decade or so many many many "superstars" have gone through the test and many false positives were pushed to the top. some were crushed by the pressure like say Matt Hardy, some were made into crybabies like Dolph Ziggler, some just walked away like CM Punk. But FINALLY the one was found and he is Bryan Danielson.....

and from the ashes a new era is born.

all that being said the real question is will Mr. McMahon stop trying to screw up the plans that HHH is trying to build on.......or is there really a secret ghost writer if you will who is the actual hero......an advocate for the people if you will.
Fair And Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Attitude And Aggression is on a distinguished road

To me wwe was not so boring till 2009 it was pg era but entertaining storylines the talent was also better like jeff hardy,cm punk and their rivalry and many more but in 2010 it completely ruined wrestlers like hbk,batista and jeff hardy left that time and the edginess in storylines was completely gone at that time.WWE needed to bring new talent but they never brought and some talent like john morrision completely ruined.In a year 80% of shows became boring be only a storyline occured in 2011 cm punk vs john cena made wwe better.PUNK was better story teller but cause of low talent wwe let him walk away same for JEFF hardy.

WWE should bring more talent, better storylines ,more edginess and say quit to part timers like batista,rock and brock lesnar.They should believe in change in stale characters like john cena and save talent to walk away.Then it will be interesting again
Attitude And Aggression is offline   Reply With Quote