ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

hy do monsters NEVER truly succeed and become the face of a company?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Raven is on a distinguished road
Default hy do monsters NEVER truly succeed and become the face of a company?

Mankind, Kane, Abyss, Kharma, Tappa. Why are they always stepping stools for the heroes to beat? Kane's first title reign lasted one night for the Great Stonecold to beat. ManKind never once successfully retained his title in a match and all three of his reigns lasted 31 days. Will a monster ever truly succeed?

@Rocky: You know that isn't the same as a win. They never made Mankind look like a true competitor, just a punching bag.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Fair And Balanced is on a distinguished road

Sid did when he worked with HBK in WWF.....
Fair And Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Rocky Daye is on a distinguished road

Mankind went to a draw with Rock at St Valentines Day Massacre in the Last Man Standing match. What do we call that? Retaining his title.

Buddy, you never said WIN. You specifically said SUCCESSFULLY RETAINED HIS TITLE. You should clarify your sh*t next time. Now lets leave it at that please.
Rocky Daye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Shadow?  is on a distinguished road

that's a question you should ask the people who write the scripts and storylines of this male soap opera we call pro wresting

my guess is they'd say bad guys are more interesting but for a good story you always need the hero to win . they write in who is the hero and who is the bad guy then act it out as planned right down to choreographing the fights for days and days before they do them on stage

even though it's an act and all for show it they keep the show entertaining the fans will keep watching . that's how all TV shows work . even reality TV gets editing and music to make one guy good and another bad
The Shadow?  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

Success isn't just about winning titles or the number of days you hold a championship. It's about the moments you create. I think Foley said something like that although I'm probably just paraphrasing. Anyways, I sometimes think that people prefer a David vs. Goliath story in which the winner (rarely the monster) wins. I also think there is only so much you can do with a monster. They're huge, difficult to beat, but once a hero beats them. Then what? I mean, I sorta disagree with Mankind not succeeding. I think he accomplished a lot during his time in WWE. Also to be the face of the company you have to be a long-term draw not just something temporary which is what monsters usually are. I have nothing against them or anything. I think guys like Kane, Mankind, Mark Henry, etc. are all good but their characters as monsters can at times be very restrictive in the sense that it doesn't allow for much growth.

I don't know. Just my two cents, I guess.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote