ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did I just hear somebody say WWE wrestlers are tougher than MMA fighters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

TNA James is on a distinguished road
Default Did I just hear somebody say WWE wrestlers are tougher than MMA fighters?

No I heard it here first.. lol. Nobody else would think that anywhere else. I can imagine Chael Sonnen shooting a take down on Nose and he breaks his damn legs. Or Nose gives Chael a fake pedigree, which hurts more? Lol you jokesters.

I always assumed the reason they don't wrestle is because they really want to compete. Unless you are somebody like Brock Lesnar who realized his mma career was finished. Not taking anything away from him but damn you are brainwashed if you think mma fighters are worried about wrestling being too painful.
TNA James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road

'Fake Pedigree' Are you ******* Serious? why do most of the MMA Fighters who attempt to do Professional Wrestling back out because they can't handle the pain; why are most of the account with Professional Wrestlers facing MMA Fighters ending with Professional Wrestlers standing tall? Professional Wrestlers are trained Athletes that put their bodies on the line 365 days a year, the Maneuvers do hurt;

'The Chief' Andrew Roberts > Chael Sonnen.

You know absolutely nothing about the Professional Wrestling Business James. There is actual competition, what do you think everybody sits back and drinks tea and goes 'my spot will come'?

Go Travel the roads, Do matches; ect everything that goes into that. Then. Talk.

Rampage Jackson even admitted that Professional Wrestling takes a lot more Pain then MMA; Why do you think Bellator MMA yanked King Mo, Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz off Total Nonstop Action's Impact! Wrestling?
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

james is on a distinguished road

Is that you in that pic?
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Most Mixed Martial Arts Fighters were High School Wrestlers and College Wrestlers. Professional Wrestling is a different animal. Technically, it alllows all the skill sets that Mixed Martial Arts use but it is scripted and you can use weapons. It would be interesting to see a discussion between UFC World Heavyweight Champin Cain Velasquez, Albverto Del Rio and Kurt Angle. 3 Men with Strong Amateur Wrestling backgrounds, 2 with Mixed Martial Arts Backgrounds and 2 with Professional Wrestling Backgrounds.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Manuel is on a distinguished road

wrestling is part of mma bro, also wrestlers can fight like mma stars, they dont because its script and told not to hurt each other
Manuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Clobberin_ Time! is on a distinguished road

In a way, MMA Fighters are tougher, they can take nasty hits and very and I mean VERY painful submissions and refuse to tap they would rather break there arm than submit in a title match while pro wrestler obviously could not do that because they dont train for that those MMA fighter actually train on how to endure serious pain because its a vital tool in there job. On the other hand, Pro wrestlers are tougher in alot more ways than MMA fighters are tougher than pro wrestlers. First off let me just say that wrestling is without a doubt the hardest sport in the world and wrestlers are the best/hardest working athletes on the planet if you dont agree you most likely have little to few wrestling knowledge. Pro wrestler DO NOT wrestle once every 1 to 2 months, they wrestle 2-4 times a week, travel over 300days a year, take no breaks and as hard as it sounds to maintain that status they dont, they improve it and get stronger and fitter and focus on getting better in every aspect of professional wrestling. Psychologically, they are a WHOLE lot tougher than MMA Fighters or anyone else and physically long-term they are tougher as well so I'd say overall wrestlers are tougher but some may agree some may dis agree but let me just state this : A wrestler could make it in MMA, as proven by Lesnar and more, VERY few if any MMA fighters could make it into Wrestling.
Clobberin_ Time! is offline   Reply With Quote