ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people say tna copies wwe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jay26 is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people say tna copies wwe?

Some of you say tna copies wwe but yet there are times wwe copys tna take cody rhode moonsault off the cage for example,wwe has copied wcw and ecw and vice versa.wrestling promotions have always copied other promotions so to say tna copies wwe like wwe dont do the same is just stupid to me.

heisnberg lives.obviously moonsaults off the cage has been done before outside of tna take kurt angle moonsault off the cage in wwe for example,i was just useing the rhodes moonsault as an example of how wwe also copies tna as kurt angle had done the exact samething a week before.
Jay26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

dylan a is on a distinguished road

SIMILAR STORYLINES
dylan a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Fair And Balanced is on a distinguished road

cause it does. if you watch the product you would see it. and its bad for business. both are guilty. and you know it.

its like siblings teasing each other with the cliche "I know you are but what am I".
Fair And Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

james is on a distinguished road

When Michelle McCool and Layla got together it was an obvious rip off of The Beautiful People from TNA. I think sometimes both companies do things similar to each other like when TNA did Aces & Eights it was sort of a Nexus story line where they took over everything. I don't think they do it so much anymore but a lot of the users here are too biased to admit both companies have done it.

I am almost certain Lockdown will shit all over Elimination Chamber. They don't have to copy WWE to be better.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Heisenberg Lives is on a distinguished road

Yeah because no one has ever done a moonsault off the cage TNA is so cutting edge
Heisenberg Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road

James has a point both LayCool and The Beautiful People was an oversized waste of time and Nexus/Ace's & Eights where much like NWO drawn out to long with no end game.
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

All pro wrestling companies copy each other.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Probably because they do not realize that The WWWF/WWF/WWE has been stealing ideas from other Profesional Wrestling Pormotions, Television Shows, Movies and other Sources for 5 Decades.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Go Kings Go

Mr. Wrestling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wrestling Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Wrestling

It should be Because some of the Employees that work for said company is now working for the other

Hell I remember when Eric Bischoff was in AWA has Announcer

Before going to WCW even Teddy Long was a referee in NWA
Mr. Wrestling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

squrillyboy is on a distinguished road

They copy each other. I remember when TNA did there own version of the Montreal screw job, and wwe kinda did there own version of TNA's Clair Lynch storyline.
squrillyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

TheBooth is on a distinguished road

Because WWE fans have ALWAYS complained about any promotion that isn't WWE. They believe all things WWE are original when in fact no wrestling company copies more ideas than the WWE.

Fact is, nothing in wrestling is original anymore. Everything is copied from somewhere, Tv, comics, movies, other wrestling promotions, MMA, you name it. I remember the WWE a few years back copied a indy fed's promo word for word exactly.

Does TNA copy WWE? yes.

Does WWE copy TNA? yes.

Do they both copy other things? yes.

However, in the last 12 years TNA has actually had more cool ideas than the WWE. The only problem is the WWE has a bigger audience and so more people notice when WWE does something than when TNA does something.

That being said, if TNA came up with a super cool original idea. The WWE could copy that idea and use it and fans would actually believe that the WWE came up with it first only because more people saw the idea through the WWE as opposed to TNA.

Do you remember ECW? ECW was the original "Attitude era". However, do to their small following it didn't take off like it did when the WWE copied it and shared it with their huge following and we all know what happened from there. ECW died and WWE saved themselves from bankruptcy which they were on the verge of. Remember the mid 90's WWE RAW's rating was in the 1's and low 2's.
TheBooth is offline   Reply With Quote