ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think about World Wrestling Entertainment's Contract Expiring with NBCUniversal...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2014, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think about World Wrestling Entertainment's Contract Expiring with NBCUniversal...

...Channels? NBCUniversal owns USANetwork, IONTelevision and Syfy, apparently WWE's Contracts with NBCUniversal's USANetwork (Monday Night RAW!) and Syfy (Friday Night Smackdown!) are expiring and World Wrestling Entertainment is looking to sign with a different Company. With Time Warner Cable possibility being bought out and Direct TV/Dish Network thinking about Dropping WWE Pay-Per Views; there seems to be a lot changing in the guard for World Wrestling Entertainment and Television.
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2014, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Zeb Coulter? is on a distinguished road

As big of a juggernaut that NBC Universal is, I don't think they're stupid enough to let go of a proven brand such as the WWE. While NBC has had many great TV shows in the past, they can't underestimate the name value of the WWE. There's no explanations needed as to who the WWE is. I hope the WWE and NBC Universal settle their difference and rework their contract, or else WWE won't have trouble looking for a new home in another network as big as NBCuniversal. Whether it's FOX, ABC or CBS.

Also. seeing how WWE is now more family oriented programming, then I don't see why major networks like ESPN2(ABC owned) can't pick up the WWE for some weekly programming.

If ESPN doesn't work, I wouldn't be surprised if the now revamped FOX SPORTS1 bids for the WWE programming. As crazy as it sounds, I've been seeing a lot of credible sports websites talk about the WWE more than usual. If Fox Sports doesn't work, then I could see the WWE on FX or other FOX affilliates.
Zeb Coulter? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2014, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Thomas Z is on a distinguished road

I heard a rumor spike tv is considering dropping tna due to their failing ratings in favor of bringing back Raw

. Smackdown could go to the CW in a way to bring it back to the original network it was on (SD was on UPN and they merged with WB network to make the CW)

WWE not being on usa and syfy isn't a bad thing. Its not like they wont find a new network. They obviously wont air them exclusively on the network. Universal or whatever network gets raw and sd wont be affected by the network like providers with ppvs. They will still air ahead of when you can on the wwe network. Its no different of when Hulu airs it after they air on tv
Thomas Z is offline   Reply With Quote